Blueberry Harvest

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Our home in Maine is in a pine barren - I've got about an acre of wild Maine blueberries for a lawn! We brushcut most of them last year, so they're in renewal growth right now, but along the edges we left them, and this is what I picked today, two gallon bags of them. Picture isn't very good but you get the idea! I wonder how many I'll get next summer, I'll bet there's no way I can deal with them all!:

blues.jpg

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Ha! No, I don't pick them for anyone (it's way too labor intensive) but you're welcome to come up and visit to pick all you want yourself! :tools My family all wants them, but they don't want to pick them. So sad, too bad....(I'm only kidding you, ya know!)

Tutter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
They are bee-yoo-tee-ful! And that's how I bag mine, too, though most of mine are bought.

That's our situation with wild blackberries. I literally cannot get 1/20th of them picked. I don't mind sharing with the wild critters, it's only fair, but we really aren't able to take advantage of them.

I've considered seeing if I can hire or trade part of the pickings to some others, to help, but that's not as easy as it sounds!

Congratulations on the beginning of your harvest! :happy_flower

punkin

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I sure am enviouse of your blueberry harvest! We have 4 little bushes in our yard and my dog usually beats me to the ripe ones. :rolleyes:

Latest posts