Blueberry muffin recipe??

Dixiedoodle

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Looks like I am going to have a bumper crop for blueberries. Blueberry muffins for breakfast are my favorite.. I have made several different recipes for blueberry muffins and have yet to find one I love... Could you all share your favorite recipes?? Thanks Dixie

OaklandCityFarmer

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
This recipe is from a cookbook. It's the only one that I use.

* 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
* 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
* 2 large eggs
* 2 cups fresh blueberries, rinsed and dried
* 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest, (from 1 lemon)
* 1 cup all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
* 1 cup yellow cornmeal
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup milk

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a standard (12-cup) muffin tin (or two 6-cup tins) with paper cups. With an electric mixer, cream butter and 3/4 cup sugar on medium-high speed until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time; beat until combined.

2. In a shallow bowl, mash 1/2 cup blueberries with a fork until liquefied. Add to butter mixture, along with lemon zest; beat to incorporate (mixture will appear separated).

3. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add flour mixture and milk to the butter mixture in alternating batches, beginning and ending with the flour. Gently fold in remaining 1 1/2 cups blueberries.

4. Spoon or scoop batter into cups, and sprinkle tops with remaining tablespoon sugar. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Cool in pan 20 minutes, then turn out muffins onto a wire rack to cool 10 minutes more before serving.

aquarose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
13/4 cups white flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoons salt
1 egg
1/4 cup canola oil
3/4 cup milk
1 cup blueberries

mix dry ingredients. add egg, milk, oil. Stir just barely enough to mix. Add blueberries. Stir just enough to mix. Spray 12 muffin cups with Pam. Divide batter between cups. Bake for 20 minutes in a preheated, 400 degree oven. Remove from pan right away and cool on a rack or a plate. You can substitute dried cranberries or dried cherries. You can also add 1/2 cup chopped nuts if you want. I have been making these for years.

Tutter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
With a bumper crop, you can also make syrup. Great to put over those pancakes, ice cream etc.! :)

blurose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I've only done it once, but I just made a regular sweet muffin batter using :eek: (EGADS) Bisquick of all things, then folded in about one to 1-1/2 cups of blueberries (coated with a little more Bisquick so they'd not sink to the bottom of the batter) and baked them. They were pretty good and certainly easy.

Tutter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I do the same thing. I either dust my blueberries (or other added items.) with flour, or even sugar, in some cases, with some batters. :)