Bluebirds are BACK!

SweetMissDaisy

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Weeee!!! Two different pair of bluebirds were flitting around the yard today! So exciting! Robins were out and about in good numbers, too!

What springtime visitors are in your neck of the woods these days?

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have lived in this house for decades and this is the first year we have had bluebirds. I rushed over to Agway and purchased bluebird berries and suet dough just for them.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Have seen thousands of geese flying overhead in a " V " formation heading North ... :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Tall trees beside an open meadow ... the bluebirds would drop down in the grass and grab butterflies.

Maybe those trees are the first to be cut. Maybe the meadows are the first to be paved with housing developments ... Do house cats pester them? Is it because I have seen so few butterflies in recent years? Is it poor color vision? Mindset?

I have seen so very few bluebirds in the last 10 years.

Protect and enjoy your bluebirds! And, send some my way.

Steve
eyeore.jpg

Last edited:

Smiles Jr.

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yesterday I had two bluebirds attacking my rear-view mirrors on my truck. We usually have this problem with cardinals but this time it's bluebirds.

I also watched a male and a female Baltimore Oriole flit around in a tree behind the house. They are rare in our area.

I love this time of year.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve, Miss Daisy and I must have your bluebirds. I haven't noticed any at my house yet, but we have lots in the neighborhood every year. In the summer they sit on our roof and swoop around the lawn catching bugs.

Robins are here. I heard one singing early yesterday morning.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
last weekend noticed the bluebirds here..some have even stopped and looked at the bird houses.....

hey Yankees no snow here.....just spring.:weee:weee

Latest posts