Brand new urban farmer!

Kate Singh

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Hi, I'm thrilled to find this site. My new hobby is backyard farming and I just picked up some rescue factory farm hens yesterday. They are in heaven in their new yellow coop and large run and gifted me with 4 eggs today. We have just put in part of our winter garden and an herb garden in the kitchen window. I'm having fun but I do get nervous about things like keeping chickens happy and keeping my nine fruit trees well and disease free. I'm so new at it all and I think the best part is learning but it's also frustrating when it doesn't pan out.

I would love to hear more urban farming stories!

Attachments

• DSCF3199.JPG
    DSCF3199.JPG
    126.2 KB · Views: 171

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
:frow@Kate Singh :welcome from Eastern IA where the Mississippi River runs eat to west! Your weather in Yuba City will be vastly different from mine . Feel free to post all the photos you'd like. We love seeing others endeavors . Ask all the questions you'd like, no such thing as a silly question. Have fun. :)

Kate Singh

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Welcome from NY We love chickens as well as gardening. 9 fruit trees, did you planted them ? I put in a small orchard, have had get luck with peaches apples not so much. I don't spray, not because I am organic, but because I am lazy.

We try not to spray anything and do it all natural as we have littles and dogs and cats and hens....We did plant them all and then my husband put his hoof down and said no more! I'm greedy.

Kate Singh

Leafing Out
Reaction score
:frow@Kate Singh :welcome from Eastern IA where the Mississippi River runs eat to west! Your weather in Yuba City will be vastly different from mine . Feel free to post all the photos you'd like. We love seeing others endeavors . Ask all the questions you'd like, no such thing as a silly question. Have fun. :)

Thank you so much! Our weather is hot, hot, hot and perfect for growing nuts and growing year round.

Latest posts