Break In and robbery

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sunday when I came to work, I found the door kicked in. Lock on my desk drawer popped and a ten dollar bill on the floor. I checked all the dogs who where ok then called police. Monday is payday I had large amount of cash for payroll stolen. Police came said inside job smash and grab, no other drawers touched , they knew where cash was. Detectives came and got a finger print from drawer, don't have much hope its not mine, will find out tomorrow. Said thief will be back was to easy, scored large amount of cash. Suggested carmeras, said alarm useless, they know they have plenty of time to get away before cops show up. All day was in kind of daze, had to worry about getting door fixed on a Sunday. Then last night at home fear set in. What if i would have walked in on it, I often go in at night to give meds or check old dogs. You hear about people walking in on robbers they panic and beat or kill then. I am mad someone just took I worked for, but am madder that they took my sense of safely away. In a very dark mood today. Locks don't keep the bad out.

goatgurl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
oh @Nyboy so sorry you have to go thru this. i so understand the fact that the money is gone but that can be replaced, the loss of your sense of security however can't. my house was broken into several years ago, they took $, jewelry and a gun. i no longer keep any gold jewelry (they took the gold but left the silver) don't keep much $ around and there isn't a gun in sight. but i still think about it every time i come home after dark and have forgotten to leave a light on. i hope they find out who did this and lock them under the jail.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
sLo_comfort.gif
I'm so sorry.
When you own your own business, you come to feel just as at home there as when you are home. I'm so sorry that they took that from you.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nyboy, it is a sick feeling when you come home or your place of business to find it's been broken into. It feels like such an invasion. Is it possible to keep your cash elsewhere off the property? If so, I would also post a sign that no cash is kept there.

Mary

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
yeah, locks keep honest people honest. They might discourage someone enough o send them to an easier target but they won't stop a dishonest person that wants in.

I have no advice, just that I feel for you. I think you will overcome it but man that hurts.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
That empty feeling in your stomach, that feeling of being violated, that uncertainty each time you walk back in, yup! I know that feeling. In my case, we found the perp and he was returned to his Juvie detention "farm" in a distant town.

If it was an inside job, it might be easier to resolve than just a spur of the moment crime. I suspect that having perp caught would make your sense of safety return much faster than if your theft remains forever unresolved. It sort of depends upon the Police and their priorities with this type of case, however.

Good luck and God bless! My prayers are for you and your uncertainties. The money, important though it is, falls under the heading of things. Things don't matter; people do.
Suggest the police to check those appliances for fingerprints as well. You may have a disgruntled associate who is attempting to mess with you in this sneaky way. There was such a short time between the one and the other that I think, "Hm-m-m-m".

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bad enough to be broken into and money stolen, worse that police think it is an inside job. So which one of your current or past employees did this? It casts suspicion over all, a blanket of distrust that settles like dust, coating everyone whether guilty or not.

Yes, your security has been violated and stolen from you. That is worse than the missing money. It will feel real creepy for you for a long time and even as you start to feel safe again, that nagging feeling will creep in and make you feel uneasy. Do not let this ruin your happiness. You have been happy in your work, you provide a valuable service to people who love their pets and they need you. Concentrate on the good things, pay attention to this one bad episode, but do not let it define you.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well NY boy sorry for the break in and your personal feeling of loss of security... now you will have to write checks for payday and keep the cash in the bank. Or , I hear tell that the most recent way for the employer to pay one's employees is in the form of instant deposit into the employees' bank account with a paper trail in your bank statement. less worries of a break in and cash stolen and less need to break open one's piggy bank or a quickie loan to pay one's employees their wages. Also, you will have a paper trail for the times that you will have a Federal and/ or State tax audit .( which is NEEDED to prove your expenses as cost of doing business when one is audited . Without the paper trail your Federal / State tax claim will be denied). I would seriously consult with a REPUTABLE CPA :old

Latest posts