Brugmansia cuttings Giveaway

MotherBrugger

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I will be trimming three or four of my brugs tomorrow morning and turning the cuttings into rootings. If anyone is interested in receiving one or two, let me know by posting here so I can keep track of the peeps interested, and email me with address when ready. All I ask for is postage. I'll let you know what that will roughly be when rooted, so I can weigh and give best possible guess. I'll have clones of Pink Masterpiece, Emerald Frost, a Peach and white creamy NOID, and another NOID that hasn't bloomed yet, so unknown flower color.
This is a good time of year for you northern gardeners to get them going. I hate to 'kill' them, as I have plenty and don't want to turn them into compost.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've never grown them MB, what would you do with them in the winter? Do they go dormant? Or do you treat it as a house plant ?
I'd be very interested if they go dormant and I could bring it in to overwinter. ( I know you can't leave them outside here. ) ( ( but thats all I know! ) )

MotherBrugger

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Where you are Thistle, they would have to come in. A heated garage would do. The great thing about brugmansia, is that they stay small enough and grow fast enough that you could actually plant out in ground after threat of frost, it would reach small tree size in one season, and bloom for you at least once before a frost hits. That is, IF you fertilize properly and give loamy soil. They are very hungry! A lot of people also keep them as patio plants, in large containers. Brugs should be repotted every year or so, at least after two, to keep a healthy plant.
The blooms are breathtaking, literally. Most brugs smell like heaven, will have the evening air absolutely filled with sweet nectar. Attractive to large sphinx moths. They are symbiotic, so don't kill the cats if you can allow them to live on and feed a bit from the plant (hopefully large enough to put up with thjeir voracious appetite)
Edit: Yes, can be cut to ground level, brought inside, will regrow in spring

MotherBrugger

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
YW AUssie. One question though, are you really in Australia, or in the states? I've never done any international shipping, and don't know the rules/CITES etc. If in states, no problem!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Okay, I'd love to give it a whirl...umm, can I please have one that "smells like heaven"?
And thank you very much, so sweet of you to share! :)

MotherBrugger

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Thistle, actually, they all do. Only the sanguineas have no odor, (vulcanicolas) All other brugs usually have very intense fragrance, it will fill the yard. ;)

Latest posts