Bucket List Fall Foliage

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have always wanted to see the Hudson Valley's Fall leaf show from the river. The robber barons built the railroad tracks along the river which stopped development, so parts along river are very woodsy. Growing up near the Hudson River I fell in love with it. I always wanted to do a Fall foliage cruise, but never got around to it. Every fall I would tell myself next year. This year local community Theater doing a fundraiser Fall Foliage cruise, have 2 tickets for tonight. :weee:weee I love that I get the cruise plus help the local theater.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
That will be a good time. I hope you get a perfectly bright blue October day to go. :)

I made a bucket list of hikes and activities to take the girls on this fall. Thursday and Friday are my only available days though, when weather permitting and no other pressing matters. Ava has basketball 3 days a week and it's really cutting into our spare time. I hate to waste a sunny day in October stuck inside!

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
What a great time. the leaves were mostly still green but that was ok. Ship cruised up to West Point. Just by chance Kristine and I sat next to the Mayor and his SO. I won the silent Auction for Hot Air Balloon ride for 3 . The best part is I met several board of directors of the theater, they will be applying to my uncles foundation for money.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
upload_2017-10-15_10-3-23.png

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
About a year ago, I was on the phone to USAA re insurance. The fella said WOAH, you live in Angels Camp. I used to live in Sonora years ago! (20 min away) So we started talking, personally, before finishing up the insurance stuff. Turns out, he left Sonora when his dad made them move, cus Dad was mad at Uncle for not helping them out with some handouts of money. He mentioned his Uncle's name, which I looked up on the net right then. He was wealthy for his time and created a foundation for Sonora that has been in existence for over 30 years. That foundation has helped thousands of Sonorans, from homeless, to children, to medical things. The USAA fella was unaware of Uncle's philanthropy, and was very comforted about the news.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
The Rail Road took property, cheated people all across the country~Sontag and Evans~decided to take some back from the Rail Road~ ending in a fight at the Stone Corral school in Yettem, California (Yettem meaning 'Garden of Eden' was named by Armenian emigrants who ranched and farmed there) Moma born in 1900 on Grandfathers ranch in Yettem~ went to Stone Corral School in Yettem where the shoot out was held between Sontag, Evans and those hired by the Rail Road to kill them```History is not written everywhere to bear out that fact

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Stone_Corral

Latest posts