Can anyone help me with what's going on with my Basil

Cricket

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
20210415_181556.jpg
20210415_181611.jpg

I keep my basil inside and just put this one out yesterday brought it in because it's getting cold again. Could anyone tell me what this might be and if it fixable. TIA

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'm not 100% certain in this case, but in my experience with growing basil, this herb gets really unhappy, really fast when conditions aren't to it's liking. They are really sensitive to high moisture levels in the soil and cool temperatures - and they respond quickly in those conditions. It's hard to tell, but the soil looks a bit moist. Bottom watering with basil is the best way (keeping the top of the soil dry), at least until they are on the larger side. If they haven't been slowly accustomed to being outdoors after having been kept inside this will happen too. They really like warm and dry conditions and they shock easily. If you get them warm and dry again, they will perk back up and continue to grow.

Cricket

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I'm not 100% certain in this case, but in my experience with growing basil, this herb gets really unhappy, really fast when conditions aren't to it's liking. They are really sensitive to high moisture levels in the soil and cool temperatures - and they respond quickly in those conditions. It's hard to tell, but the soil looks a bit moist. Bottom watering with basil is the best way (keeping the top of the soil dry), at least until they are on the larger side. If they haven't been slowly accustomed to being outdoors after having been kept inside this will happen too. They really like warm and dry conditions and they shock easily. If you get them warm and dry again, they will perk back up and continue to grow.
Thank you!! It did rain for two days after I put it out then of course got cold!!! Lol I'll leave it in a little longer!

Latest posts