Can I save my Hibiscus?

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I have figured out my animals are out to destroy my house lately... maybe its the season. Anyways...

I got a kitchen cart/island on wheels for christmas and I have 2 huge windows in my eat in kitchen I put it in front of. My counter, and window shelf above the sink was getting crowded so I moved my petunia seedlings and hibiscus plant over to the cart. My hibiscus had about 8 leaves on it and it's a little over a foot tall. I started it from seed in August and it gave me great pains to get one plant out of 20+ seeds and 2 attempts.

In other words, I think it was my greatest achievment and it already has a place of honor out by our pond I starting prepping for it in October.

My cat got on the cart this evening and ATE every single leaf off of it!!!! She's never done anything like this before. I don't know if its strong enough yet to come back from this. Will it survive or do I need to start my hibiscus planting over again? Please tell me it will sprout new leaves and it will survive?!!?!?

:rant

allabout

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Bad kitty! Bad! I had rooted a forcynthia bush and noticed one of my kitties broke it off below the leafy areas today. Not a leaf left on mine either. I'm going to hold on to mine to see what happens. Watch the areas right at the leaf nodes and see if you see some growth there in a few weeks. Good luck.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hooray!!!! I see the tiniest, itty bittiest beginning of a leaf coming in at one of the nubs of my cat's destruction!!! I think she'll live. I know she'll be happier in the ground come March or April.