Can these even be real?

LocoYokel

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Found this site while lurking on facebook and I am having a hard time believing these flowers are real. I'll post a few here:
blue lily.png crazy roses.png crazy tulip.jpg crazy.png
They also carry some of the prettiest tulips ands glads I have ever seen (that don't seem so impossible).
crazyglad.png crazy glad.png
Problem is that they only sell seed, how long it would take to even find out if the seed flowers true really offsets trying these out, for me at least. Here's a link:
https://catchytrend.com/collections/gardening-collection
Has anyone ever seen these flowering?

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Rainbow flower is a real flower, which in the process of growth is placed in a special solution with color additives. The stalk feeds bud with this moisture, and growing petals are painted in unusual palette. Besides roses, other cut flowers like the chrysanthemum, carnation, hydrangea and some species of orchids can also be colored using the same method.

I had not seen that before so I did some searching on the web. The seeds are not what does it, they inject pigments (dye) in the stem as the flower is growing so you get those rainbow colors. A Dutchman, Peter van de Werken, supposedly developed the technique though I saw something that said it had been around a long time.

LocoYokel

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The kids next door and I use food coloring and whatever white or light colored flowers I have blooming at the moment. It's fun, I should take pics of those next time.
I wonder how that company get's away with selling seed advertising those colors... kinda a rip-off if you ask me.
I do want to get some of that crazy color-making stuff and play with it tho...:ep

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
You can get some unusual and quite striking color patterns in Gladiolus that haven't been doctored, some are really beautiful and in my eye some not so much, not familiar with anything else.

Annette

Latest posts