Can you dig it?

LocoYokel

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hey all! Back surgery went well, recovery has been a pain... tending to over-do has not been my friend!
Even the thought of gardening was depressing so been avoiding it (and here) till now. NOW I can do a bit outside, not just sit n look at it thru the window.
~ FINALLY getting a bit done in the yard/gardens!! :weee

Still have all kinds of perennials to give away, some have been dug but the big ones are a "bring your own backhoe" kinda deal! :lol:
No, really, you can borrow my shovel...:cool:

Refresher and for the folk I haven't met yet:
https://www.theeasygarden.com/threads/big-flower-giveaway-to-locals-of-locoyokel.20604/
Located in North Idaho, Coeur d' Alene area.

Sure have missed you all! Promise to check in daily in case somebody wants my weeds!!
~TJ~
20170611_183114.jpg

Last edited:

LocoYokel

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi Mary! Thats a lupine, the only one I have left from a pack of seed I tossed around some 5 years ago. Chickens mutilated most of the others...:hit

(Say, isn't it you that loves the color fuschia? Was looking for the thyme with that color bloom? If so I have it, can try to send you some if you haven't found it in your area yet.)

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi Mary! Thats a lupine, the only one I have left from a pack of seed I tossed around some 5 years ago. Chickens mutilated most of the others...:hit

(Say, isn't it you that loves the color fuschia? Was looking for the thyme with that color bloom? If so I have it, can try to send you some if you haven't found it in your area yet.)
Oh my gosh! Yes! I love fushia! It would be great if you found some seeds and sent them to me. I would be forever grateful.

Mary

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey all! Back surgery went well, recovery has been a pain... tending to over-do has not been my friend!
Even the thought of gardening was depressing so been avoiding it (and here) till now. NOW I can do a bit outside, not just sit n look at it thru the window.
~ FINALLY getting a bit done in the yard/gardens!! :weee

Still have all kinds of perennials to give away, some have been dug but the big ones are a "bring your own backhoe" kinda deal! :lol:
No, really, you can borrow my shovel...:cool:

Refresher and for the folk I haven't met yet:
https://www.theeasygarden.com/threads/big-flower-giveaway-to-locals-of-locoyokel.20604/page-7
Located in North Idaho, Coeur d' Alene area.

Sure have missed you all! Promise to check in daily in case somebody wants my weeds!!
~TJ~ View attachment 26111

glad to see your return. also glad to hear your surgery went well. :)

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was just wondering how you were doing this weekend. The weather is so gorgeous and I'm glad to hear your surgery went well and you are able to move some. Just don't get too exhilarated and overdo!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
TJ, I have a young friend who is making a few new garden beds this year. I could arrange with her to come when I get a day off and we could help you divide some of your plants in exchange for a few. I even have shrub pots you could have to put some of the extras in if you need them.
We can talk about what I may have to divide that you're looking for.

LocoYokel

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
TJ, I have a young friend who is making a few new garden beds this year.
O, thistle, that sounds wonderful!! Just let me know when, can be home any time (bennies of self-employment...).

Glad your feeling better. Hire someone cheap ( teenager) for any heavy work
LoL Nyboy, teenagers are NOT cheap 'round these here parts. IF you can find one that even wants to work... Seems the work only gets partly done n the damages to the rest of the yard add up to even more.
Have resigned myself to weedy yard n gardens for another year. DH is landscaping (lawn,fences, flower beds, garden shed) so I won't even try to do my usual this year.

@ninnymary, sending u a p.m. for info to send you pretties!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
O, thistle, that sounds wonderful!! Just let me know when, can be home any time (bennies of self-employment...).

LoL Nyboy, teenagers are NOT cheap 'round these here parts. IF you can find one that even wants to work... Seems the work only gets partly done n the damages to the rest of the yard add up to even more.
Have resigned myself to weedy yard n gardens for another year. DH is landscaping (lawn,fences, flower beds, garden shed) so I won't even try to do my usual this year.

@ninnymary, sending u a p.m. for info to send you pretties!
Thank you so much. I love pretties. :p

Mary