Can You Freeze Individual Containers Of Yogurt ?

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had to stop in the supermarket this morning. They had yogurt 70% off because it close to exp date. I eat 1 to 2 containers a day as a snack. At this price I would like to stock up, can it be frozen ?

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't see why not. Is it the kind with the foil top or the re-closable lid? If the foil, you might want to put them in a Ziploc to freeze in case the top gets pushed off - don't know how much it might expand.
I pick up individual tubs of hummus all the time an freeze it.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sure. They will probably do just fine, but the ziplock will catch any spill/leakage as they freeze/thaw.
Wouldn't want to toss a frozen one in your lunch in the morning and find that the top was open at noon.
Nothing like a raspberry coated ham sandwich. :drool

lcertuche

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I love to eat containers of frozen yogurt. I got Mama to start eating that instead of ice cream. She's diabetic and it's much less calories. Edited: I just freeze in the containers because they don't stay in the freezer long.

If you freeze plain yogurt with active bacteria in 2 or 3 tbsp. sized (like in ice trays) they can be used to start yogurt as cultures.

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'm sure you can't hurt yogurt by freezing it, as it already tastes SOOOO bad you'll never notice if it gets any worse...

THANX RICH

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
⬆probably likes stinky cheese ...

DW likes Yoplait yogurt and there is always some in the fridge. She is committed to that brand even though I like others and eat about 80% of what shows up in the fridge. She isn't about to eat Greek yogurt, Yoplait or otherwise, so I have been buying it. I like it as a cooking ingredient and substitute for sour cream, fresh cream, cream cheese ... milk! I like it with a spoonful of jam :).

I like dairy products, almost 100%, even if I am lactose intolerant. I have never tried goat cheese because I don't like goat's milk ... unless it's still "warm from the goat!" No, I'm not kidding - it's great!

I like aaalllll kinds of cheese and probably depriving myself by avoiding goat cheese. I used to live where there was plenty of dairies and tried lots of varieties from those there cows! I like stinky cheese ...

:) Steve

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I love goat cheese. It is a strong cheese so you may not like it Steve. I have a recipe for a heirloom tomatoe goat cheese tart that is delicious!

Mary

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lucky my local supermarket ( city of WP ) carries a large selection. Do you have any cities near by ? I also love goat cheese, a restaurant by me has a goat cheese and beet sandwich I order every time I eat there.:drool:drool:drool:drool:drool

Latest posts