Censored: Japan Cuts Emperor Akihito's Nuclear Comments from TV

Ladyhawke1

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2012/03/27-1

Sometimes I hear people say the darnedest things. ......like what has that got to do with me, I am waaaaay over here, I do not live on the coast, I do not eat fish. What they are really saying is, if I cannot see it, smell it, or taste it, it does not exist.

Just one or the things we gardeners worry about is the weather. Or rather the weather patterns. The saying is 'what comes 'round goes around'.

That is what the weather and the ocean currents do; they go around the earth and in time visits us all. It also carries with it anything that flies up into the air or as in the oceans ...it all moves slowly but surely to our shores. This is just the beginning. I will leave it at that. Do your homework and be prepared because your news sources are being compromised in order for others to make a profit. :cool:

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Am I going to have to get my own geiger counter?

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
dh bought one shortly after all this stuff happened last year. he's been wanting to get one for a long time so this gave him the opportunity. :rolleyes:

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Getting any clicks on it? How much do they cost? Where do you get them? I'm nobody's DH, but that doesn't mean I'm not D. Lol!!!

I saw a tv at a friend's house. His DG was watching one of those advertisement channels...gotta go figure that one! used to be commercials were time to go to the kitchen...anyhow, they were selling water filters that would filter out radioactivity. How dumb!!! That would mean the radioactivity would get concentrated in the filter, where without filtering it out, it is spread out, maybe not harmlessly, bnut at least not concentrated!

The things they will sell to make a buck!

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
actually, he got one that he still needs to assemble. you would think with all the paranoia that he would have put it together by now! :lol: he doesn't remember where he got it from. i'm sure you can search for it online. my hubby's a physics geek so he has all sorts of scientific stuff kicking around here.

if you are ever concerned about a possible radioactive or contaminated area in a garden i would recommend planting lupine. if you see pics of Chernobyl you might notice all those planted around it. they absorb and filter the radioactive and contamination out of the soil and help to bring them back to a healthy soil again.

eta: i think something better for a water filter would be some of the floating pond plants i've owned over the years of keeping ponds in my yard. one is called water hyachinth and the other is water lettuce. the hyachinth helps to remove heavy metals out of water and will also help to pull any chemicals out as well. they grow so quickly when there is warm weather that you can get a lot of them to take over a pond in a few weeks. here in NH it can take most of our cooler summer to get them to spread.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Both of those water plants are really cool!!! I used to sell them at the Greenhouse Nursery I worked at in Montana.

We brought them in during winter.

We have all kinds of wild Lupine growing here at the lake, even a very beautiful tiny subdwarf one that most folks don't even notice. Also Vetches, and some pea shrub different than caragana but looks similar. There are seeds in the forest soil that wait to sprout until after the soil is out of the forest one way or another. So cool!

Oh, a physics geek! Is he up on his math still?

I've been trying to remember that SIMPLER version of parallax to get the height of a tree from a distance! The one that does not use sin and cosin and all that.

I'd sure like to be able to say, hang on, give me a few minutes and I'll tell you how tall that tree is!

lillie

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score

Ladyhawke1

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hey! I once heard that the nuclear industry in the United States was going to use chickens to eat the nuclear waste and make it safe for us. :th

Oops..I am sorry.I just fell off my chair again. I always get a big kick out of that one. Oh. I have to wipe the tears from me eyes. :gig I swear by all that is sacred that is what I actually heard. :woot It had to be back in the nineties. :rose

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
How about...feeding the nuclear waste to the owners of the nuclear plants, or at least, storing it under their houses, which are probably on some tropical island somewhere...:

old

Latest posts