Cheap Dehydrators

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
It was a bad idea for us, as we actually used it and so did the kids, They wore out too fast. The cheap trays would break. As they age they get even more brittle. It did the job at 1st. We probably went through 4 or 5 before we got wise and bought a REALLY GOOD one. (If you think it is a passing fancy and you won't be using it, the cheap on may be fine.) If it spurs and interest and you all get hooked, buy a GOOD one next time.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
My family Loves my beef jerkey! I bought an Excaliber. More expensive than the cheapos but I already knew it would be used since I have an American Harvestor as well. It was not expensive but did the job for quite a while. True, the trays got brittle, but the replacement trays worked better and I've had it for years. I haven't had the new one long enough to know if they'll get brittle as well.

I almost hate to suggest you check on Ebay or CL for the one someone else bought and didn't use.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
thanks @Nyboy now i am hungry for making jerky.....
When helping out with area churches' Hands of Faith which involves providing homeless families with food and housing one week per number of church families, I had two fathers standing nose to nose theatening each other with physical harm.

This second time, when Son heard I was working overnight again (with different families) he offered me his tazer, then his mace, and finally his machette for protection. I told him I was making and taking the beef jerky. Then they would love me so much they wouldn't have time to fight.

It was so different from the usual casserole they were served that the jerky was a big success. Only Son was sad. That left much less jerky for him to share with our family.

Much nicer people this time and everyone got along well. . . with their mouths busy chewing.

Latest posts