Chicken acting strange

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
It was the saddest thing when they first arrived....none of the group would go out of the pen they were that afraid of their first sight of sun and grass. Cinnamon was the first to venture out and the first to scratch the ground in a normal foraging maneuver. When they did come out of the pen they just huddled next to the building, stood there in a daze. When I finally herded them back into the holding pen you could tell they felt much safer there. They got chatty again when safely in confinement.

For the first month or so, Redbone wouldn't leave the coop at all. Cinnamon left it right away and became an immediate member of the free range flock. The rest of that group were killed and canned but I held these two back just out of pure sentimentality....just to give them a season of freedom and normalcy, some time in the sun and free air. Both are friendly little hens and seem to have less fear of humans than the rest of the flock, though I can't imagine why.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
That is truly sad, when animal is afraid of grass and sun. I have seen some of the most abused dogs try the hardest to make friends with people. Glad you made such a big difference in their lives.

Latest posts