Christmas Eve 7 Fishes

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
In my family Christmas eve is the big night. Dinner has to be fish and there has to be at least 7. Mother made a stuffed squid only once a year it was my favorite. Now that my mom passed my niece makes it. This year her mom told her don't bother no one eats it. She said willn't be Christmas eve without it is ok if only uncle Ali and myself eat it. One good thing is more left over to take home. Do have have a traditional Christmas eve food ?

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sorry but that sounds awful! Almost as bad as our Traditional Oyster Stew. :sick So happy that Sis makes her white chili for those of us that wont eat the oysters. ;)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i just started a new tradition this year, called "Refill the box of chocolates." :) round 3 tonight. :) makes it easier to get to them if they are in the box already. we like it! swiped two squares for my hot chocolate and toast for supper. i'm using up extra chocolate frosting too in the hot chocolate. vitamin chocolate is a very important nutrient... critical even...

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Burt~ a friend~ who was a cook in the U.S. Navy~ when a while ago we were out~ ordered Squid```

Three times he sent it back to the kitchen saying it was not cooked~ I would not have eaten it~ once sent back to Kitchen~ I've worked in kitchens and know~ bad thing might happen to food if sent back~ more so if sent back more than once```

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
i just started a new tradition this year, called "Refill the box of chocolates." :) round 3 tonight. :) makes it easier to get to them if they are in the box already. we like it! swiped two squares for my hot chocolate and toast for supper. i'm using up extra chocolate frosting too in the hot chocolate. vitamin chocolate is a very important nutrient... critical even...

Traditional Christmas dinner~ well~ not carved in rock``` Leg of Lamb but at times Turkey~ so~ Yes and No~ Yes there will be Christmas Dinner~ God willing~ No~ there is no requirement that it be Leg O Lamb~ but I would prefer it be so```

Latest posts