Christmas Lights

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Driving home from Thanksgiving dinner I could not believe all the Christmas lights. I think a lot of people now use Thanksgiving day off to decorate for Xmas. Tomorrow is Dec 1st most houses here are lite with lights. I am planing to put up this weekend. When do you start decorating ?

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
My tree went up Sunday. We went to see the park lit up the day after Thanksgiving. People seem to put up more lights now that they've all gone to LED. Less cost for the electric, although the strands cost more.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I used to put up my tree the day after Thanksgiving. The kids were out of school and we had fun. Now I don't do much decorating.
Bay I would think with the grandkids nearby you will be do more decorating. Journey I was thinking more people are using more lights, cheaper to run makes sense. I have a giant pine tree in my front yard, I always wanted to put lights on it. I had to settle for a 6 foot lighted star. Now I use the projector lights and light whole tree with 3

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
dw starts pulling everything out day after thanksgiving and keeps putting up till she is happy.... told her she could put up stuff down on my end, thought she was going to faint, still waiting on my christmas dog for the computer desk...

since we are so far off the road and rarely outside at night, we dont do much of anything outside..

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Usually DH and DD started lights early and she would start decorating after Thanksgiving and I just let them do their their thing with DS helping. Now DD has her own place, DH gone and DS is older, so DS got into action. Has his own money, so he went to Walmart and got a bunch of icicle lights for the house and got all of it done. DD wanted to help so came and helped him put on the fence and then last night he was almost finished. He put lights in the trees, on the porch pole and he bought a projector thing and has snowflakes on the garage. i decided to do my best to keep Christmas cheerful, so we have already been shopping. I wanted to have the house decorated day after Thanksgiving, but DD going to the doctor and being sick, I am a few days behind and I think tree will be bought tomorrow.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I love the projector lights. I remember every year my grandfather would remove every bulb from string and test each one. He had a belief if a bulb went bad the whole set would not light.

Latest posts