Clamming

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Clamming was once a special activity for me.

Even growing up in southern Oregon, a couple hours drive from my home, going after razor clams on a beach near Crescent City was something I did with my Uncle Henry a couple of times.

Later, I lived near Humboldt Bay in northern California. What was between my home and the bay was a school playground and about 60 acres of cattle pasture with a creek running through it. Littleneck clams lived near the mouth of the creek.

A friend's cousin worked on a oyster boat and would bring home buckets of Martha Washington clams. They were free to friends and family :). All of these razor, littleneck and Martha Washington clams made delicious chowder.

Steve

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Clamming was once a special activity for me.

Even growing up in southern Oregon, a couple hours drive from my home, going after razor clams on a beach near Crescent City was something I did with my Uncle Henry a couple of times.

Later, I lived near Humboldt Bay in northern California. What was between my home and the bay was a school playground and about 60 acres of cattle pasture with a creek running through it. Littleneck clams lived near the mouth of the creek.

A friend's cousin worked on a oyster boat and would bring home buckets of Martha Washington clams. They were free to friends and family :). All of these razor, littleneck and Martha Washington clams made delicious chowder.

Steve
Yum! 😋 Yes we love making clam chowder and clam linguine with homemade French bread and champagne!

Latest posts