Clean them carrots in BULK!

Stubbornhillfarm

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I just happen to have carrots in the garden that I wintered over and this would be a great test. My only thought, I have a front loader, so more of a tumbling then a top loader. I wonder if they will break?

I'll let yall know how I make out if I do it. Thanks for the tip vfem!

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Stubbornhillfarm said:
I just happen to have carrots in the garden that I wintered over and this would be a great test. My only thought, I have a front loader, so more of a tumbling then a top loader. I wonder if they will break?

I'll let yall know how I make out if I do it. Thanks for the tip vfem!
great tip I have a frount loader also I wonder what happens in the spin cycle???? I would really like to know

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
heh, i have an extra washer from the other house and there are 2 connections in 2 different areas of that house. maybe we'll have to leave the 2nd connection hooked up just to use it for that! :lol:

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:thumbsup
Chickie'sMomaInNH said:
heh, i have an extra washer from the other house and there are 2 connections in 2 different areas of that house. maybe we'll have to leave the 2nd connection hooked up just to use it for that! :lol

:
Hey ChickieM---noticed your new raised bed going up and the floor of a new coop? how far back does that property go??? all those trees back there yours????

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I found this truly entertaining to read, and I was so badly wanting to test this out! Alas... maybe in the winter. I did plant spring carrots... but they are still small and dainty... and few!

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
momofdrew said:
Chickie'sMomaInNH said:
heh, i have an extra washer from the other house and there are 2 connections in 2 different areas of that house. maybe we'll have to leave the 2nd connection hooked up just to use it for that! :lol

:
Hey ChickieM---noticed your new raised bed going up and the floor of a new coop? how far back does that property go??? all those trees back there yours????
yep, new coop going up. it'll be 8'x16'. the property goes quite far back into the brush. there is an old farmer's rock wall that is the back property marker hidden in there. we're waiting for the city to get their rears in gear with the poor water pressure inside the house. come to find out the connecting line coming into the house had been cemented over years ago before dh's family bought the house and they never bother to get it fixed. water flow coming to the house is fine and seems to have more pressure than what the inside of the house is actually putting out.

so, before we do anything with carrots being clean in a washing machine we'll have to get that water situation fixed! :D that way i can actually grow some carrots and water them too!

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Chickie'sMomaInNH said:
momofdrew said:
Chickie'sMomaInNH said:

:
yep, new coop going up. it'll be 8'x16'. the property goes quite far back into the brush. there is an old farmer's rock wall that is the back property marker hidden in there. we're waiting for the city to get their rears in gear with the poor water pressure inside the house. come to find out the connecting line coming into the house had been cemented over years ago before dh's family bought the house and they never bother to get it fixed. water flow coming to the house is fine and seems to have more pressure than what the inside of the house is actually putting out.

so, before we do anything with carrots being clean in a washing machine we'll have to get that water situation fixed! :D that way i can actually grow some carrots and water them too!
CMinNH you have a lot of work cut out for you but the street is quieter than the other one and more land...if you need some perennial flowers just come on by and you can shop at my house before you buy anything

have iris, day lillies, shasta daisy, ajuga, violets, 3 shades, balloon flower, columbine, hosta,verigated and plain, phlox, both kinds, coriopsus, oxeye daisy, periwinkle, peony, primrose, solomens seal, and so many others... lots of them need seperating...plus I have lilac and forsithia that has rooted them selves...come on over and shop LOL

elijahboy

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
i have a front loader as well

im thinking of putting htem in a very thick pillow case or in a blanket thats knotted together

or maybe inside of an old pair of jeans thats tied off at all ends

Latest posts