Cleaned Out Fridge

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
This is slow time at work, I am having guys do a lot of deep cleaning. I wanted the fridge emptied and wiped out. You would not believe what some people feed their dogs. Way back on bottom shelf was a large bag of Hyacinth bulbs. I had forgot all about them, some had started to sprout. Pulling out my hyacinth vases now, I love how they scent a whole room. Maybe I will clean out my home fridge .

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It is a little scary when you can't ID some thing that been in your fridge.
It's the things in the freezer section of the fridge that have me scratching my head over. I keep saying to myself label and date, label and date, label and date but sometimes I slip up. Found some little containers of dark brown something yesterday, just about threw them out when the light bulb came on, it was the especially good beef dip I made in early December (it's now labeled). We'll be having beef dip the next time I cook a roast :).
Can someone tell me why every time I give the fridge a good cleaning the very next day something gooey and sticky drips all over the clean shelves and I have to pull it all apart
again :somad.
Annette

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
My sister covers her fridge shelves in vinyl paper. The kind that is clear with a diamond pattern on it. It looks really nice and is easy to clean. Of course.. she seldom NEEDS to clean out the fridge since she is one of those people who has labeled containers and/or has a special place for everything in there.

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Condiments have to go on door !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes I agree but containers of stuff won't fit on the door, even with what I though were tight fitting lids, like left over curries or spareribs smothered in sauce end up getting bumped and spill over and never mind the stock left in the fridge over night so I can scoop the fat off before I freeze it. I swear there's a little gremlin living in my fridge who is nursing a mega grudge against me :(.

Annette