Cleaned out the freezer (some)

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Saturday evening I needed some space in the freezer so I started digging around in the back to see what could go.
Found: a gallon of broth from last Fall's rooster harvest, a baggie labeled "turkey bits", another baggie labeled "Crack-O" (one of the roosters) that only had a handful of shredded meat in it, and a couple of bits of bags of carrots & peas.
Into the crockpot it all went - along with a diced onion and a couple of handfuls of the dehydrated potatoes from this summer.
Once it was smelling GOOD, I pulled some of the broth out and thickened with corn starch and added it back. Taste tested - added a little minced garlic.
Then mixed up some biscuits to glop on the top.
Chicken/Turkey Pot Pie (sort of)
potpie.jpg

Sooo good! Having it for dinner again tonight.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sounds a bit like leftover surprise supper. It's leftovers---SURPRISE!! Only in this case it is Clean-Out-The-Freezer-Surprise!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I put dumplings on things quite often. Even some things that I would not have thought of years ago.

Soup is a common one. I don't know if it makes it more special. Kinda a toss up whether I put the biscuit dough in the oven or the pot :).

Another place is on chili. Yeah ..!

Mashed potatoes can line a casserole dish or deep pie plate. "Suff" already cooked can go in the middle. More mashed potatoes on top ...

:) Steve

Latest posts