Client's Restaurant

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Obviously you need a starter for the table, a salad, the main course, and a dessert. The full deal. Many upscale restaurants are like that.

When I was working salesmen (or women) often took me out to eat in nice restaurants. I quickly learned where I needed starters and where the main course was enough. I might know to fill up with bread. Usually I got to choose the restaurant and selected something I was more comfortable with. When i'm eating on my own, Chile's or Ruby Tuesday's is upscale for me.

To change the topic a bit I got chewed out for not going out to eat with salesman enough. My boss told me it was part of my job so I could keep up with what services or equipment they offered. Plus i might need to call them at any time 24/7 including holidays to handle an emergency in the field. It helped for me to have a personal relationship with them and to know what equipment they might or might not have available. If I knew when a certain piece of big equipment was available I might be able to lock it up for one of my projects and maybe even at a better price.

Last edited:

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
My friend Kristine's birthday was Fri, so I took her out to celebrate sat night. We went to a restaurant a client owns very upscale. The waiter was excellent the food good. The bill before tip was $240, we left still hungry :barnie

um ...how much was the liquor part?
and @Ridgerunner is right you have to have a starter or two. upscale restaurants are not known for their large portions, you are paying for the name not the food.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm trying to imagine how lovely the place would have to be, how great the service would have to be, to be worth 240 bucks for two people. And you still leave hungry.
I have never understood the new cooking trend of creating a piece of art out of a couple of radishes and a green bean and a sardine and drizzling chocolate syrup on the plate, and then charging you a small fortune to eat it. The chefs should be paying the customers for the privilege of playing with food.

We went to a popular barbeque place last evening. Before the current owners took over, customers were served appetizers of freshly cooked pork rinds while waiting for their meal. I miss those pork rinds, lol. Classy dining.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not sure I’ve ever been to a 5 star restaurant but what I see on Food Network, I will pass. I like tongue, heart, etc but when I go out I want something special-good steak, real Italian, Indian, etc. If I leave hungry, I will be hungry in how ever long it takes me to drive to a real restaurant.

Here in Fort Wayne area the best Italian is fast food Fazoli’s-tells you how bad the locals are. They over cook the spaghetti.