Clip, clop, clip...

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
Can't post in the horse forum, they will wail on me, lol.

Making progress with my boy.

Anyone else ride?

d.jpeg
d0.jpeg
d1.jpeg
d2.jpeg
d3.jpeg
d4.jpeg
d5.jpeg
d6.jpeg
d7.jpeg
d8.jpeg

Last edited:

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
No trainer to help us, didn't send him to a trainer, didn't take refresher lessons for me, no helmet & minis are in with us. Those for sure. Bound to be someone who nags me about his weight as well...
They are quite stern and tough, lol.
I did put on my boots though! Other times, I wear sandals. Just too hot, can't stand sweaty feet when it's hot and muggy out.

His history isn't really known and he was a bit of a wild thing. "Green broke", but it seems like he was saddle broke, just no miles put on him and left wild in pasture for over 5yrs. Green horse and green owner usually equals black n blue for both.

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
No wailing here, we rode just as you are for many years.
Never needed a trainer or a helmet, just enjoyed what we were doing, as you should also.

THANX RICH

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
You know, I can understand bicycle helmets, especially for kids and Tour de France racers. And for learners in horse back riding. But if you are an adult and riding in a grassy field....is the chance of head injury any greater than living in a busy city?
(I am definitely for motorcycle helmets, by the way)

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
:D People nowadays. At least you are using a saddle! I never used a saddle on my horse and often didn't even use a bridle...just a halter and a lead line. No shoes, no saddle,no helmet...just freedom and the horse for companionship.

People and their opinions on what "should" be just muck up a good thing. Ride on! :clap Tell those folks on the horse forum to go nibble a horse apple....and lighten up.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am pretty much with the other responders here. I certainly couldn't rag on you for doing what I did myself. Sometimes a saddle, sometimes my shoes, sometimes even long pants. I can hardly wait for the saddle/seatbelt suggestion.

"IF IT WILL SAVE ONE LIFE. . . " That excuse for more intervention into our lives always gets me. Want to save lives? Get rid of cars, airplanes, trains! Get rid of trees! More people die from falling out of trees than from being struck by lightning.

Or let us live our lives as best we can and let Darwin's Theory take its course.

Latest posts