Cooking Herbs

Larisa

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
parsley and dill, basil, thyme, celery, leek, something else ...
Sorrel and mint grow themselves.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Parsley, German sage, mother of thyme, and chives. Of course, now I have three mints, two sages, basil, rosemary, and lots of others planted in pails along the fence so I may have to try a few more herbs now.

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I grow and use Chives (three different varieties), Keeled Garlic, A large shrub of 'Arp'
Rosemary, Winter Thyme, English Thyme and one more ( I use a lot of Thyme so have 4 containers). Greek Oregano, Tarragon, only one Mint (Spearmint) and Sage. Parsley, Basil and Dill I buy. I use a lot of Parsley so it would take up too much garden space, Basil is iffy here unless we have a warm spring to get it going and Dill, the last time I planted Dill hubby thought it was a weed and weeded it out :(.

Annette

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I grow sage, oregano, dill, rosemary, basil, lavender, parsley, chives, and that "bean herb" that I can't remember the name of. But mostly I use sage, oregano, chives and basil.
I need to experiment more with herbs. I just get stuck in a rut.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Seems like thyme is the most used herb. Is there a difference between thyme garden plant and thyme the herb? I planted creeping thyme in my walkway can that be used for cooking?

Latest posts