Crabbet Arabian horse show *pictures*

StonyGarden

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I saw a flier about a month ago at the local feed store about this horse show. As an avid Arabian lover I had to go. I marked my calendar and made the drive to a neighboring county.

I got there about 30 minutes after the show had started. This lovely young mare was in the ring.

As the show continued it was clear that there were all kinds showing today. Of course the horses I liked didn't place well. It was also clear that a majority of the people showing knew each other and the competition was very relaxed. Not everyone was in show attire. It had more of a 'fun/barn show' feel to it.

This girl was though and I LOVED her gelding. She rode both English and western.

This little girl rode 3 or 4 horses in pretty much every class she could get in to. This is the costume class (angel riding a unicorn). She was the only entry

StonyGarden

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
This guy is a stallion. He is the last surviving horse that was shown at the very first show of this event. He is in his upper 20s.

Liberty Class!!!!
Cute bay stallion

This guy was my absolute favorite!! He was small but he had all the right moves and a beautiful head and topline

StonyGarden

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
The last entry to Liberty. . he was cute but he didn't move out as well as the others

interesting angle

That's all!!

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
STUNNING!
Great pictures too.
Wish I had know about it. I have a friend who used to work in a breeding/training arabian stable and she would've LOVED to have gone.

StonyGarden

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I didn't even think to make a thread about it before hand. It was at the 4H Airfield in Wakefield. It was not as big of a turnout as I was hoping for but it was still fun. I didn't speak to anyone and no one spoke to me other than a polite hello. Being kind of reserved/shy I'm ok with that. It was nice to hear some horse-y themed conversations about temperament and confirmation. It's been a long time since I've ridden and even longer since I've shown horses. It was nice to be a part of that atmosphere again.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow! Beautiful pictures and amazing creatures! Glad you had a chance to see them... Nice to take some time and do something for yourself!

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
They are truly amazing and each one seems like a work of art. I've never known much about horses, but can admire them even in my ignorance! lol :lol:

bj taylor

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
how beautiful! that would have been great to attend. I don't know horses - but I know beautiful. my fav is the dappled grey. what fabulous animals.

Latest posts