Craving Gone Wrong

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
The past couple of days I have been craving deviled eggs. This morning I ran to local supermarket for coffee supplies, as I pasted the deli dept they had trays of deviled eggs $9.99. I was so happy as I put a tray in my cart :drool:celebrate. I had to stop myself from opening tray in the car. I was so happy as I took my first bite. No taste !!!!! I tried several more all the same tasteless blobs :hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
The past couple of days I have been craving deviled eggs. This morning I ran to local supermarket for coffee supplies, as I pasted the deli dept they had trays of deviled eggs $9.99. I was so happy as I put a tray in my cart :drool:celebrate. I had to stop myself from opening tray in the car. I was so happy as I took my first bite. No taste !!!!! I tried several more all the same tasteless blobs :hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit
The hardest part of making them is the peeling. I have read to steam them in order to peel easily.And of course having fresh home grown eggs is the best. My trick for perfection is to add a bit of horse radish to the eggs and mayo. But I do not make them often....because of the annoying peeling. Maybe today because of you NYB.

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'm with cat, the worst part of making deviled eggs is the peeling.
The best way I've found is don't use an aluminum pot, bring water to a rolling boil, set eggs in water, turn heat off, let cook for 10 mins.
Have a bowl of ice water made up in advance, put eggs directly into ice water and add ice as it melts.
Let eggs sit and cool.
They will peel much easier using this method.

THANX RICH

Latest posts