CRUCIAL! Annual Nagging Needed Early this year!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have so much winter garden preparation to do that I need to get my rear in gear early this year.

Commence with your toughest nagging techniques possible!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well Marshall, what have you been doing all this time? Probably playing with your beans. Start working on that garden 2 hours a day. You'll be amazed how much you will accomplish by the end of a week. Make yourself a to do list and start with the projects that are the quickest to finish. This will give you a sense of accomplishment and encouragement.

Mary

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
What!?

Early? You've got it all laid out there in front of you. Pick up the nearest end and get started with it. Are your arms painted on?

Take your dang coffee out there with you, if ya have to. Then, don't be planning to just stand around eyeballing things ... get busy!

digitS'
Mary's too nice. Dawn to dusk ... the days are short!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
@marshallsmyth, I am not going to nag you. Instead, I am going to give you permission to simply enjoy yourself. Life is too short to spend time worrying or doing things that do not need doing. This year, you should consider only those things that you want to do.

Want to have a great garden that provides healthy exercise and healthy, nutritious, delicious, fresh food to feed yourself and those you care for? Then make that choice and work toward that goal.

When you take the aspect of work out of what you want to do, everything that is left is fun. So get going or have another cup of Joe. Set your goals and follow your heart. Enjoy!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Smart Red is too nice.

You've got this figured out @marshallsmyth - step by step.

Top tier, not settling for less, you have set standards for yourself and they are admirable ones. Self-respect, there is no way a price can be put on that.

Easy? Well, let's say "smart." The planning you've done? It's downhill work from here because you have done that.

Steve

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Alright @marshallsmyth , it's been several hours since your post.... what have you gotten done in that garden???? What???? You've slept!!?!?!?!!!
gaah[1].gif

Are you kidding me???? Get tanked up
sFun_coffeeaddict[1].gif
and get busy!!!!!
And don't think that you can just go out and sit on the porch and drink coffee... NOOOoooo We've got spies in the woods.
SEVeyesB04_th[1].gif

And we're expecting updates on all the progress that you're going to be making ..... or else
5[1].gif

4chsmu1[1].gif

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Marshall, I find the only way to get something finished is to start it. Talking about doing it, thinking about doing it has its place, but once you have a plan, execute. You are beyond the planning stage.

Think of the example you are setting to all the people that look upon you as a role model. You are my hero. Get out there and make me proud.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
@canesisters is right! I think the BIGFOOT kids are spying on me when I just SIT on the porch drinking coffee, and their teenager girl bigfoot kid has her iphone and is tweeting ALL about my laziness that all the other bigfoot teenager kids are MEMING and mocking!

So I best get out and do stuff in the garden real soon...like RIGHT NOW!

Else I'll be the laughingstock of the entire modernized bigfoot kids' electronic network worldwide! (I just found out some of the bigfoot kids swam across the Pacific ocean, made a pit stop on Pitcairn Island, and landed somewhere just north of @Hal north of Sydney!)

ohhhf! I also have to remove all the degraded white plastic. Have to make a sieve to mount on my wheelbarrow, mix the soil down with more native clay soil, remove all the stones, make the soil more drought resistant and water retentive, add diatomaceous earth and bone meal while sieving...

where to start??? ok...remove those indian summer raspberries...but their fine roots are spreading ALL AROUND THE WORLD! Just like those bigfoot kids!

Reactions: Hal

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sieve that soil, Marshall?

I don't want you cutting corners but ... if I did that, I'd have sunken gardens!

Now, like I said, I don't want you cutting corners.

:) Steve