Dang I feel dumb.....

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Old shed had structural issues. Had thieves helping themselves, so answer, build new shed. So tore down the old shed, built new one. Now I can't find my bucket of seeds..... Had all my carryover seeds in there, now gone. Why didn't I store them somewhere safer? I have no idea what I did with the bucket. Maybe in burn hole?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
No. You wouldn't have put them in the burn hole, Seed'.

I try this when I can't remember where I put something: I just go where I feel like going. Then, I stand there and try to figure out where I want to look. Which direction? I may ask the question, "Where?" Or, make the request, "Show me."

I don't really try to remember. It may "come to me." It's that "muscle memory" thing. We don't have to think about putting one foot in front of the other. A task takes you in a certain direction. Going that way, you are following a path.

Sometimes, I will have this clever idea and the cleverness is just too cute by half ... but, relaxing and being willing to give myself some time and that little twist I came up with before is very likely to reveal itself again. Often, I'm not very impressed with my cleverness when it does.

The Best of Luck

Steve

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Boy does that sound familiar. Put something somewhere safe and logical instead of where it normally goes and forget where you put it. I recently did that with my toiletries bag, it was not in the basket in the closet where it always is so I had to put another together when I went to see my grandkids. I still haven't found it.

It's probably sitting somewhere safe and dry, maybe inside something else so you don't immediately recognize the bucket. You'll probably find it right after you don't need it any more. I wish you luck with this one. That's frustrating.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
if you give us a list of some seeds you're looking for i'm sure we could send you some of each. unless you need way more than the average back yard gardener. :p

i went a little crazy & bought the 'much larger than i need' packages of carrots & lettuce seeds from Fedco this year, so have plenty of fresh seed to spare from those. also have plenty of eggplant, pepper & tomato seeds of different types you might like. i can post a list of what i have later if you like.

maybe if we offered & sent some to you that bucket would finally show up!

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yep as soon as you go out and replace seeds they will show up. I once found seeds 2 years later. I placed bag on top of wall unit bag slipped behind had to move wall unit for cable man

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Only thing I'm upset about r the Yankee peppers. Didn't have any luck last year starting them. So this year is the charm. Since someone said they wanted to try them, I was going to send them some seeds.

Thanks for offers but I WILL find them!!!!! The investigation has just begun. DW said she didn't touch them-she never does, right. I put something where she doesn't want it, it magically MOVES. Pixies I guess.... I know I put them somewhere safe-& boy are they safe....

I have a good 2 weeks before I want to start seeds. Nothing worse than to get replacement seeds THEN find them. I will not be deterred.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Been there, done that. Good Luck finding them. Still looking for Dad's woodworking tools he wanted DH to have. He passed away 2 years ago November. They where kept in a canvas tool roll along with his work apron and in a bucket near his recliner the last few months\ of his life. They VANISHED into thin air! No one could find them, even when cleaning house out for sale. Guess they got thrown out. :(