Dang you Tractor Supply

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yep they got me. Bought 2 roses, a Texas yellow (DW is a big fan of yellow roses so was a no brainer) and Blue Girl. Couldn't pass them up at $7 a piece. Yes thanks a lot you got me. So mow they are in the basement waiting for a good thaw and I'm looking at possible locations.

Of course I passed on one because I couldn't get any info on it. I got home looked it up and sure enough I should have bought it!!! :he It's called Broadway so now need to get up there and pick it up before they are all gone. I already went to a different one but they don't stock it. Oh well if it's meant to be it will be there.

I need serious impulse control, I know I'll catch an earful but once they bloom it will all be forgotten. Still looking at Black Magic mimics that will make it in my zone, as well as Pope John Paul for my budding :gigcollection.

Last edited:

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Gee Jared, I don't know why you should be any different from the rest of us who come home from the garden center with unplanned purchases. :D
I like to think of it as a subliminal list. You don't realize how badly you always needed ( _______ ) until it's staring you down at the nursery.

Then it's the aha moment! Yes! I needed that whatever desperately, and what a coincidence, here it is!

Or something like that.

It sounds like you got some lovely roses. Yellows are my favorites too, your wife is obviously a woman with discerning taste.

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yellows are my favorites too, your wife is obviously a woman with discerning taste.

Well she did marry me :cool:

Oh I know I'm just as guilty, but what got me is usually I'm somewhat immune to the big box store purchases. They never seem to have anything that seems to leap off the shelf into my cart and suddenly I'm at home going "now where am I going to put this?"

What gets me is I'm trying to plan how to get back up there to pick up the 3rd variety I left behind!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Jared you know you have an entire forum of understanding people here. Hope you get the third one before it's gone!

flowerweaver

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Just saw fruit trees at our TSC for the first time, maybe they'll carry more things in the future. But we have a couple of nice mom-and-pop nurseries in our minor metro, and a very nice one locally so I try to support them whenever I can as I would hate to see them go.

Latest posts