Do they still make this?

desertcat

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I've been looking for some stuff my neighbor in Santa Fe used to use to cover his plants. It was clear plastic with a wire reinforcement in it. Came in rolls and was about 3' wide. Wonderful stuff.

I've checked the local nurseries, the hardware stores and I've done some half hearted looking on the web. Zero, zilch, nada.

Has anybody else even seen this stuff? Or know where I might find some?

Won't say that I'm desperate, but in an area that people don't do row covers even, sure would be nice to find.

4grandbabies

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I am a huge fan of gardens alive.Tho they are usually costly for me, I use their stuff when I can. if you go to www.GardensAlive.com and look up Tunlcover plant protector, you may find what you are looking for.

Sylvie

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
You can make these fairly cheaply with the 6" square holed mesh used for concrete and a roll of plastic. I priced a 50' roll of the wire mesh for $50. It's about 3' high. Our plant nurseries make and use them for tunnels.

desertcat

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
4grandbabies,

Thank you! That's close enough for me. But did you have to send me to that site? I saw way too much other stuff that I just have to have...and now I know where to find it. :weee

4grandbabies

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
desertcat said:
4grandbabies,

Thank you! That's close enough for me. But did you have to send me to that site? I saw way too much other stuff that I just have to have...and now I know where to find it. :weee
Acutally ,I just hate being broke by myself.. I absolutely love them!! If you subscribe to their catalog, you will probably get a $25.00 off your first order from it on the front page. I get that once or twice a year. And in their bigger catalog, they have pics of all the diseases and bugs, and what works for things.. you will be glad to get connected there.

Latest posts