do you have an ancient emailbox?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score

It might be worth it for you to check what is in it!!

Or, maybe not . . .

About once every 6 months (lately), I have been logging into my old dial-up service email. I am just flabbergasted that they still allow and keep emails for me!! It has been, at least, 5 years since I dropped that ISP. I went back repeatedly during the 1 month change over to alert people that my email address had changed and then left it untouched for about a year and a half.

Nope, they didn't close the mailbox.

I used to be concerned that they might begin throwing ads at me like I might come back to them. Those must have lasted during that first 18 months when I was just trying to keep my head down. After silence settle on the battlefield, I crept back to look at the mailbox and even opened 1 or 2 from family who still hadn't updated their contact list. Now, it is nearly all ads and announcements from places I inadvertently exposed myself to 10 years ago. But, how about you? Think you might have closed an account but now have 2nd cousin Larry completely ticked off at you because you haven't responded to his last 5 emails telling you all the wretched details of a family crisis :/?

Steve

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had two different e-mail accounts with Y-mail, and now I can't even get into one of them. It only shows the most recent one when I try to pull it up. That is frustrating. And G-mail keeps saying my password or user name is wrong, and won't let me into an account I tried to set up there first. I read somewhere that the new free accounts will become inactive after 3 months. This doesn't seem like correct info, but-hey-I read it on the internet, so it's got to be true, right?

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
i remembered that i had an old hotmail account set up just so i could use it for an instant messenger program i had with Cerulean Studio (or something like that). well, yesterday i found that you could use an online MS Office Web App to work with their different programs for free! :D because i still use the old Vista OS on my current laptop i can not purchase and install the newer Office programs without an upgrade to the OS. with money being tight this free app really appealed to me! in order to access this app online you needed to set up an account with MS or if you had an old account through MSN or Hotmail it would allow you to access it. of course i couldn't remember what i had called the account or the password, so i had to jump through their hoops and have a new password sent to my yahoo account i've been using since 1998.

now you have me thinking i should try to access that old hotmail account and see if anything was still going to there that might be of importance. probably all spam though.

Latest posts