Dog pix and habits

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
image.jpg
Everyone seems to have their family dog, story about it, pix, and what makes it unique. Post story and pix. Wife's baby has 3 toys. When he wants to play, he'll bring them one by one till you pick the toy to play with. If you don't pick one, he gives you that puzzled look as if to say, 3 great toys, pick one.[/ATTACH]

Last edited:

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Ohgeez, just remember, you encouraged me! Haha. I'll have to see what pictures i have at home after i get off work. Mine are obviously the cutest of all. Altho that guy ranks a close second, seedcorn. :D

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
OK you asked for it ;)

Rio, my very first pup of my own, when he was old and grey.
014.JPG

Rio, Max and Paco, our 1st pack, intent on digging out those ground squirrels! Their trenches eventually met in the middle! We were on vacation at a forest service cabin, had to do a little repair before we left.
IMG_1943.JPG

Rio and Paco were bestest friends, but there just wasn't always quite enough room to both fit on the dog bed...
IMG_2337.JPG

Paco as a pup with our roommate's very young puppy Attaboy, who was very intent on copying everything the big dogs did, including destroying sticks...
P9020009.JPG

Rio, Paco and Max are gone now, but here's a look at our new pack, Charlie (little), Scooby (big), and Lucy (in the back).
006.JPG

DH and Lucy, who is sound asleep after a rough day of holding down the couch...
IMG_0064.JPG

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Here is Seng Kia, he was our Lhasa rescue. My pug had just died and my Gma had made an emergency stop at a vet in a semi local town, they had a "pug" that if they couldn't find a home for they were going to have to kill. Our car was in the shop at the time, so we borrowed a car to go pick up this "pug" at the time he had just been shaved, but even so my Gma was teased the rest of her life about calling him a pug. lol lol lol

He hated rocks would bark endlessly at them when he found them, if we weren't home to hear and remove it he would bark until he lost his voice. He HATED puppies, but LOVED kittens, and really seriously hated all forms of grooming from washing, to combing.

sk.jpg

In this pic he is staring at a line of ants walking in a row.

sk1.jpg
sk2.jpg
sk3.jpg

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Haha, that is funny about mistaking a llasa for a pug. Unfortunate that he hates baths and grooming considering how often they need it!! Luckily charlie loves his baths. Cute pics :)

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Haha, that is funny about mistaking a llasa for a pug. Unfortunate that he hates baths and grooming considering how often they need it!! Luckily charlie loves his baths. Cute pics :)
Yes, he always looked homeless, I didn't have the heart to groom him like he needed since he hated it sooooo much. I figured he is only a dog (not meant in a bad way, we treat our dogs like family) just that he didn't need to be groomed immaculately.

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Tucker is the doxy we rescued from the street. Gary found him in the middle of the street soaked and cold. He was obviously pure so we put ads in the paper thinking he was just lost, but never got a response. Gary rescued him at the beginning of my 48 hr shift at work so he was home w/ Tuck all that time before I came home, but the SECOND I walked through the door he dropped Gary like a hot rock, he has been heart and soul devoted to me from that moment on.

tu.jpg
tu1.jpg

I was out taking pics of lightening bugs, but he never leaves my side no matter how much he really wanted to go in.

tu2.jpg

We were out taking pics in the back yard, he got distracted for a second and didn't realize I had wandered off, he is catching up as fast as his little legs will carry him.

tu3.jpg
tu4.jpg

He really hated this!!!!
tu5.jpg

Gary is holding him so I can take the pic and he is whining and having a fit b/c I am not holding him.

tu6.jpg

He adores his cat buddies.

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Little Bug was a rescue from people who moved and left her to starve, when we brought her home she was skin and bones and scared of her own shadow. She is a calm and devoted girl, protective of all her family two and four legged. We believe she is lab/rot mix. She is a grand old lady now.

lb.jpg
lb1.jpg
lb2.jpg
lb3.jpg
lb4.jpg

She still plays like a pup when she feels good.
lb5.jpg