Dog Poop and Compost

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Culture is much more money then fecal float, covers thing like cocidia and girdia (sp). I willn't use dog poop for gross factor was just wondering if ok from healthy family pet.

Mell62

Sprout
Reaction score
When you think about it, chickens,rabbits, cattle etc. eat food that is "green". Seeds,grass, worms, bugs. They are kinda like a living composter in themselves. I have a friend at work whos grandmother used dog poo, but only in her flower beds. I keep forgetting to get the info from her on the "technique". Her flowers are amazing! As soon as I get the info I will pass it on.

Oh, and on the issue of rainwater collection. Folks have been doing that for years out here, the some pitb with the water company made it illegal. However, people managed to disguise their barrels as art or just hiding them. The water company got mad because they werent getting the revenew from the folks doing this. Really they should charge more for all the "shopping centers" that run their water and are not put on drought restrictions. It just irks me to no end when I see sprinklers running at parks/city buildings/shopping centers when its raining or during the dead heat of the day. :somad. Dont get me started!

annageckos

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Older post I know, just wanted to say I feed my dogs (and cats) a raw diet. Have been for nearly ten years. And there is not much of it from three dogs, ranging from 45-75 pounds. My guys waste is about the same size as the little shih tzus that live next door for the most part. And it will turn white and into almost a dust in a few days. You can just step on it and it will crumble.