Dog Warden Just Called Me About My Dad

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
My father is anthropomorphic about dogs, he does not believe they should be on leashes. He lives in a city with strict leash law. I went to high school with the dog warden of his city. She was a sweet and kind hearted girl in school and still is today. Poor woman asked me to step in and help with my father not leashing his dog. I told her I was last one he would listen too, I had this fight many times. My dad's dog does not run wild, he walks the dog but refuses to have her on a leash. Last week dog warden gave him last warning next time ticket. She feels bad about having to write a ticket to a man in his 90s. My dad who has all the time in the world drove to city hall and pestered the woman there to look up the city's law. He then went home and cut a leash down to about 2 inches, now when he walks dog he snaps 2inch piece of leash to her collar. It was only a matter of time till the dog warden stopped him. my father told her the law states any dog off owner's property must be leashed, the law does not say what size leash has to be nor does it say leash must be held by a person. This is when the poor woman called me. I think I shocked her, when I said that is what judges are for, give him the ticket and let him fight with judge about the law. She asked if my dad would really go to court rather then just pay a fine. I said he would go to court and will bring half the senior center with him, they will get there a hour before doors are unlock so they get the front row. They will bring brown paper bags of food. They will eat and watch the judge handle cases like it was the theater. When my fathers case is called they will yell out support. If they have a good enough time they will be back. I might even take some time off work to watch from back of court.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just to be clear, you do it, I say, throw the book at you. Your 90 year old dad and his posse, GO FOR IT!!!!!!! Too funny

PennyJo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
first RV park I moved to when I was able to live alone again had a leash law.. I had my last Male Tervuren
Gun, he carried his in his mouth Owner was good with that he never left my side unless he stepped a few feet away
to do his duty..
Wish I could come watch bring my 15 yr old gsd to lay quietly beside me...

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Nyboy You still reading? You aren't seeing the humor in this are you? Look Bud, it's your Dad. He's 90+, living his life. We are with you but wishing we could live to 90 with your Dads Fire.

Rant away, but just know, I WILL HAVE GREAT FUN AT YOUR EXPENSE. But I do feel your anxiety as you don't want your Dad in trouble.

Latest posts