Dogs Play Dead Not Trees

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
When I saw Pax who is in same zone get ripped pomegranates I had to try. He sent me a amazon link to where he got his. I ordered 2 they where just labeled Pomegranate, I questioned if they where the same varity from start. While same size and leaf, different color one much darker then the other. I planted one in clay the other in plastic pots. The 1 in clay started growing super fast and even flowered, the 1 in plastic did nothing. Fall I bought them inside, placed them next to each other on windoe still. one in clay pot started dropping leaves like crazy, 1 in plastic not only held leaves but started growing like crazy. Client just came in she has amazing greenhouse attached to her house, pointed to the clay pot with sticks and said I think its till to dump. I said I keep hoping it will come back. She said Oh Al dogs play dead not trees I am sorry.:lol::lol::lol:

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
When I saw Pax who is in same zone get ripped pomegranates I had to try. He sent me a amazon link to where he got his. I ordered 2 they where just labeled Pomegranate, I questioned if they where the same varity from start. While same size and leaf, different color one much darker then the other. I planted one in clay the other in plastic pots. The 1 in clay started growing super fast and even flowered, the 1 in plastic did nothing. Fall I bought them inside, placed them next to each other on windoe still. one in clay pot started dropping leaves like crazy, 1 in plastic not only held leaves but started growing like crazy. Client just came in she has amazing greenhouse attached to her house, pointed to the clay pot with sticks and said I think its till to dump. I said I keep hoping it will come back. She said Oh Al dogs play dead not trees I am sorry.:lol::lol::lol:
I kept a large ficus tree for about 20 years. I would put it out in the summer-drop all it leaves and start immediatly to grow new leaves. Bring in in the fall-drop all leaves and then start again. I finally gave it away-tired of the giant mess.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Break a twig-see if it's green.Clay pots seem to be a killer of many plants.

Latest posts