Don't want a job~

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I once had a young kid apply for job, he worked in a grooming shop. I could not hire him because of his face tattoos. The worse part was he was a very good looking guy who destroyed his face, he could not have been more then 21 years old.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
A woman who worked for me had her boyfriends name tattooed on her neck in big letters when he went to prison. I am sure she did it to assure him she would be faithful while he was away. I did end up firing her for stealing.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
My mother gets so traumatized by the number of tattoos she sees out in the public. I can only imagine how hard she'd flip if she want to a real city and got to see the extent of skin damage there in the populace. It's so common now that I barely notice such things but I do form opinions when I do...can't help it.

I hate to say it, but every time I see tattoos and piercings, I can't help but discount that person's intelligence. It's not a smart decision in many ways. I'm sure many employers feel the same way...if that person makes such short sighted, poor decisions about their own lives, what can they offer a company?

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wouldn't hire any of those in the video. We hired a young man for delivery, but wouldn't let him wear shorts in the summer like other delivery men did. Reason: they delivered furniture into homes. Most of the time an woman was alone in the house and many felt intimidated or uneasy by heavily tattooed men in their homes.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bee just talked to client who went to state fair in Upper NY. Rural people are much more heavy Tattooed then city people. I find Tattoos hot, but don't have any. Believe it or not eye tattoo started in prison, I watched a whole show on prison tattoos once.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
There's a town about 18-20 miles north we go to shop~lot of retired military an also people who look like out of some kind of nightmare, with tats and things stuck through themselves~like it had been done years back many of them~ and dressed like~I can't describe~not all are old~some look like they may have been sane once and could be less that ugly~with the exception of the damage they've done.

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Same up here, might be the rage right now but it too will go out of fashion and then there's the thing on aging, winkled skin with faded tattoos more so on women than men. Sorry but IMO not nice to see, even if the metal bits are discarded the scars maybe permanent aren't going to be pretty.
More than once I've seen attractive young ladies with so many piercings on their faces they look like they've fallen face first into a tackle box.
I'm not against fads even quirky ones (like sitting across the table from DGS with green or whatever colored hair, it seems to change from week to week) they will always be around but not those that leave a permanent mark.

Annette

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just find it hard to take someone seriously when they have done something permanent to themselves to draw attention. A handicap or someone who is just butt-ugly, I can deal with, no problem.
But it is clear they did that for "shock and awe" so they shouldn't expect me to treat them like they are an ordinary (normal looking) person. (Just my biased opinion.)

Latest posts