Ducks 4 in '24

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I have a burn on my left forearm. I wasn't too careful burning sticks, etc. last week.
Bandage from burn, 04-22-24.jpg
It isn't too long or large. We, horsepeople, steal from our livestock vetwrap supplies to help US heal. DD treated this yesterday with Neosporin, gauze, and covered it up with some vetwrap I had in my medicine drawer in the kitchen. Why,, the kitchen? The bathroom is a bad place to keep bandages bc it's so humid. Anyway, it now looks Far worse than it really is. Good thing I ran out of Pink vetwrap.

Last edited:

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
My little peach tree surVived it's first (mild) winter and is doing great! I caged it, LAST fall with the intention of breaking the cage to remove it later this year, Just wanted some protection and to keep it growing straight. There Was a peach flower, for a hot minute, but strong winds blew it off. ;)

Attachments

• Peach tree, 04-19-24, #1.jpg
    Peach tree, 04-19-24, #1.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Peach tree, 04-19-24, #2.jpg
    Peach tree, 04-19-24, #2.jpg
    387.3 KB · Views: 9

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
Family aloe, that shrunk down to almost nothing and the cat tried to kill it! is doing well. It is on a ledge next to the south facing kitchen window. Poor soil, the toothpick is in there to help drainage, the "pot" is a small candle holder from Christmas. Surprisingly, it is right next to he kitchen sink and it still dries out fairly quickly..
Aloe, 04-23-24.jpg

Last edited:

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
Repotted the Amaryllis. The roots grew a LOT while in it's temporary pot.
I started a 72 cell starter tray with Better Boy tomatoes. Wasn't sure about the seeds that I saved, so I bought 2 packages of Burpee hybrid seeds since DH thinks all good tomatoes are red.
I started a 26 cell starting tray with Amish Paste (seeds from High Mowing, 2022.
Most of the sweet peppers are up, the red bells are taking their good old time...I may replant seeds.
I FINALLY finished cleaning our the 15 gallon (plant) fish tank and sealed the bottom sides and up the sides with FlexSeal. I let it cure for a day, then put 2 inches of water in it. NO leaking!
The Holland Red shallots looked dried out early this week. One clove was questionable, but I put them in a plastic yogurt container and soaked them in water for a day, then put them in a grocery store clear cookie clam shell with soil and very wet. They All have great roots on them. Tomorrow I plan to transplant them each to a 3 inch square (top) vegetable pot, the ones that purchased plants come in, and put them in the fish tank with some water, on top of a heat mat and under a gro light to let them get substantial roots before transplanting. The bed isn't ready for them yet.
Photos later...

Last edited:

Latest posts