Easy Gingerbread Man Anyone ?

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have it in my head this holiday to make gingerbread men. The decorating what i really want, but don't think they sell decorate at home cookies. Anyone have a easy gingerbread recipe ?

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
These are what we make each year. Put them in an air tight container to blend the flavors for a few days and they are awesome. I make decorating icing with a tablespoon of real butter, 1 tsp. vanilla, 3 cups of powdered sugar and add milk by the teaspoon and beat with the mixer until it is just right. Add more powdered sugar if it gets too runny.

20171209_190001.jpg
20171209_190008.jpg

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Journey love they are low fat ( I am dieting I wonder if I tried to make before, once cleaning out fridge, I found a unopeaned jar of molasses which I have no idea why I bought.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lol, look in the spice aisle. Let us know how they turn out! :)

ETA: There are whole cloves and ground cloves. You want the ground spice.

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh...in my childhood, there was this tiny bakery store, with a miniature store in the back. One of the things the bakery sold, were delicious iced gingerbread men. One of my favorite splurges as a child.
How I wish I could go back in time, re-visit all of those wonderful old memories, and taste their goodness once more.
And...take pictures ;) :drool

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
As a kid my mother would make cookies every Christmas, you couldn't leave store bought cookies for Santa. She did frosted sugar cookie in Christmas cutouts.One of the cookie cutouts was a gingerbread man. She never made gingerbread always a sugar cookie. there was also a snowman, star, angel,reindeer and christmas tree. I bet the cutouts are still in a kitchen drawer

Latest posts