Essential oils

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
When DD was pregnant she had different problems that her friends would tell her to try this or that essential oil. She would ask her doctor if okay and it was. She was very careful anything she ate, reading labels. She wanted this antioxidant drink and DS and I bought it for her for Christmas when she was pregnant. I thought she had a lot of energy, no morning sickness and she was working full time. Different little oils used for different problems, so since the baby has been born, she has used different ones for different things. Her husband had horrible stomach pains. Doctor did tests, said probably stress. DD put this oil called DiGize on his belly button and instantly the pain was gone. DS and I have been trying to recover from all our stress the last few years and we take a supplement for adrenal glands. Without it, DS falls apart. He has not had one allergy attack since starting this and if he stops taking it, then he crashes, tired, weak. We decided to try a few things with oils. One is an antioxidant drink we both drink daily. DS started taking enzymes, I started B-complex, they both have oils in them and the drink. I am doing the laundry right now and I put lavender in the second rinse and sheets are on the line. I got to thinking about these oils, and I am HAPPY. I am starting to be able to go work in the garden and get tired, but next day I have recovered. I do not ache all the time. DB, DS and I watch old TV shows after eating supper and I was falling asleep all the time, just a 1 hour show, but lately I am alert and awake. DS asked me at lunch today if i thought we should keep buying the antioxidant drink and I said I am afraid to stop. I do not know what is helping me. Actually a month ago, we ran out of the drink for a couple weeks until the next order came and I did start aching all over again. We restarted it when the order came and at first I was still sore and thought it was not working, but i think it takes time, so I don't know, but I am recovering. Do any of you use essential oils for anything? DD has a diffuser and I am thinking of getting one. She has an oil she puts on the baby's jaw when she is teething. When she is teething her cheeks turn red, and this oil takes the redness out. Also, when I went to the hospital in March 2018 with the pulmonary embolism, they stuck a needle in my hand, between 2 fingers, to get blood oxygen level, and that vein has been puffed up all this time, and I noticed the other day it is back to normal. I think inflammation was what was causing me to ache all over, kind of like how people describe fibromyalgia. I don't know, but I feel good today and have lavender smelling sheets on the line. Lol

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i'm sure if you are keeping more active that helps too. :) every day i can get outside i can move a little more and get more done and the recovery isn't so bad. today i washed the windows inside and out, which isn't too terrible as i don't have to climb on ladders or anything, i wasn't out of breath or struggling.

i did a lot of digging turning two gardens over the weekend and they did give me a good workout but i recovered ok... normally i don't turn a whole garden but both of these had some organic matter that needed to be sorta mixed in with the clay. i didn't really mix it super well but just turned it enough to get some of those goodies down where the worms would get at them and it will help capture and hold water during the dry hot parts of the summer.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
It could be a combination of things. Time healing you and reducing the inflammation, more exercise, eating better, the drink, or the oils. As long as you're feeling better I'd stick with it. So glad that you are happier and feeling better now!

Try to do a little exercise such as brisk walking.

Mary

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have a lot of essential oils that I used for various things years ago. Fortunately, they don't spoil.
I never felt like they helped me that much, but I do know others who have used them for some pretty serious things with success. One of my friends who is anti traditional medicine used essential oils exclusively on a brown recluse bite he got on his leg a couple years ago. His wife posted pics of the progress on line. It healed up with only the tiniest scar left, after looking like a horror movie special effect.
So yeah, I know they work, but haven't worked well for me. Well, lavender does work to take the pain out of burns. Yes.
Someone knowledgeable about these things told me that since I take prescription meds for 'RA, I may not be able to get the full effect of the oils.
I would be interested to know the name/brand of the things you are taking, @Gardening with Rabbits. Is it a pyramid marketing set-up? My sis-in-law is involved with one of those that she is really excited about, but the underlying premise is a turn-off for me and probably lots of people.
Anyway, I'm glad you found something that is helping you!

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
It probably is a pyramid thing. You have to buy a kit and be a member to buy. My friend buys oils from a different company. I think she can just buy off of Amazon or something and way cheaper. She is not buying for health benefits, but for scent. The one I buy is expensive and one of the well known companies. DD got an essential oil book for her birthday, and I was looking through it and noticed something that kind of goes with what you said about taking prescription medications, it said to eliminate things with aluminum and other synthetic products and something about the oils can react to certain things. I think mostly on the skin and contact with the oil was what they meant. I have changed to more natural ingredient things like dish soap, hand soap, bath soap, shampoo, toothpaste, deodorant. I have been chemical sensitive for around 30 years, but I was still using things just maybe less harsh or no scent products. I have not been able to use perfume or scented soaps or laundry soap for all these years, but I can smell essential oils and wear as a perfume, and use natural cleaners without having side effects. Smelling cleaners, perfume, and soaps with scents makes my head feel like it is buzzing and walking down the soap aisle is hard for me to breathe and my heart skips beats, so I have enjoyed smelling different oils and it is like smelling flowers. I did have an alternative doctor help me with all this 30 years ago and basically get rest, eat right and exercise and be healthy, but he did give me a lot of supplements and told me what symptoms and what supplement to take, and my hair at the time was turning gray on top at age 30 and with his help all that changed. He did something that was so strange, he convinced me there are things that heal and medical doctors will never be able to touch what some alternative medicine doctors can do. I had been going for several months and was feeling really good and he asked if I had any complaints or problems and I said I had a pain in my back and it had been there for over a year on and off and if you pushed on the spot the pain would go away, but was hard to reach. He said it was my spleen and it was “spongy” and he got a book and started reading for about 10 minutes and then told me to lay face down on the chiropractor table and he got a chair and sat by my head. He put 2 fingers on my head in 2 different spots and just sat there and did not do anything but keep his fingers on my head, maybe 5 to 10 minutes and that pain was gone and never came back. I was working around a lot of chemicals and pesticides. I have tried a couple of alternative doctors here, but they are not as good as the one in Kansas and I cannot afford to go to them. I do not want a blood thinner or even the baby aspirin. Whatever reason my blood was so thick, I do not want it to happen again.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Do you think you can email him and ask if he knows of anyone he could recommend who does and thinks along the line like he does? Maybe even someone closer where perhaps you could fly out and see once a year?

Mary

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I looked for him about 15 year ago and I could not find him. He was probably in his late 60s when I was going to him and that was over 30 years ago. I have a friend that goes to an alternative type doctor and not as expensive. I called him about this aspirin and blood clotting problem and he said he would do lab work first, so I need money for that and I better already have changed my lifestyle and habits, which is what I am trying to do.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Also, some chiropractors do alternative treatments along with spinal adjustments. I hope you have luck getting to see a doctor who helps you. In your area, probably alternative health care is hard to find. Maybe Aurevedic (sp) medicine?

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Also, some chiropractors do alternative treatments along with spinal adjustments. I hope you have luck getting to see a doctor who helps you. In your area, probably alternative health care is hard to find. Maybe Aurevedic (sp) medicine?

Because it's Idaho? o_O
Strangely enough we have indoor plumbing, electricity, and also alternative health practitioners,lol.

Latest posts