Ever work so hard you couldn't stop? I kinda feel high...

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
We had an absolutely beautiful day here, 70s, breezy with huge white clouds in an azure sky...what we always called a mountain day! It has been raining for days, so this day presented a work opportunity! The boys and I got so many projects done and it felt so good that I came right in and cleaned like a dervish! Its always good to wake up on Sunday morning to a clean house....makes one feel more like offering thanks to God! :lol:

We started out in the morning hauling rocks for my pond/fountain feature and lumber for building projects. We built a huge gate (12 ft.) and now the yard is completely enclosed and secure. Finished planting the bedding plants, finished the tomato trellis (65 ft. long!), built trellis for the cucumbers and planted them, mulched the tomatoes and onions (I have nine raised beds 65 ft. x 4 ft.), mowed and trimmed the lawn and orchard, started the rock garden/fountain, cleaned out and organized the work/storage building, cleaned out and organized the tool shed. Then, I couldn't stop, so I did dishes, cleaned the kitchen, swept and mopped the floors, did the laundry, had the boys move the porch swing, I swept and mopped the porch and washed down the furniture and railings, cleaned windows and cleaned the living room. The boys went to bed early and I feel like I could do it all over again! Trust me, this kind of high energy doesn't happen real often, so I am glorying in it a bit! :) Also, its not often one can get the boys to work so steadily without them protesting just a little....they were wonderful!!!

Some days it just feels like a work day and other days it feels like a fishing day! Man, did we work!

nccountrygirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
God you make me feel tired and lazy just reading your post. Congrats on a fine work day.

Backyard Buddies

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Wow! You sure did get a lot done. That's such a gratifying feeling and I bet you are really enjoying your day today!

After you're done at Rosalind's, wanna come to my place?

Tutter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Wow, that's great! It feels good to get that much done. Good for you! :)

So, when was it you said you were going to be in California..... :D :happy_flower

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
:yuckyuck I would dearly LOVE to travel! Send 3 tickets!!!! Will they let me bring the pitchforks through the airport, you think??? :tools

Well, it wasn't all a bed of roses....pun intended! I found out why my first bed of corn has not come up...nor will ever come up! :lol: I was checking on it because the wind had literally shredded my row cover and spread it to the four winds of the orchard. What did I find but holes approx. 4-5 in. deep, uncovered, where the boys were supposed to have planted the corn. I had given them instruction, exactly, on how I wanted it planted. Well, being teenagers, they devised a plan to save them time and labor....one punched holes with a hoe handle and the other came along with a lead pipe and dropped the corn down it, into the holes, and "nudged" the dirt back over the holes with the hoe handle once again. I laughed very hard and then told them that it would all have to be done over....the old-fashioned way!!! Fortunately, the soil hasn't warmed up enough for germination anyway, so I would have been surprised if they would have been up anyway. Boys!!!! :love

What would we do without them?? :coolsun

amyquilt

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I dearly love "work" days. Yes, I can relate to those days you get started and just don't want to stop. It's a fantastic feeling...until the next morning when every inch of your body aches lol.

countryatheart

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
We have had a very pleasant spring, and I have been taking advantage of it to get yard projects done. I can hardly move come Monday morning when I have to return to work! But I sure love the results I'm seeing in my yard!

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
My property lies on a gentle grade so, from the road, you can visualize my whole yard and orchard. I love to drive slowly when I pass my house, to get the full picture! Last year I had many beaten paths made by the dogs walking their boundaries or around their dog houses. This year we put their dog houses inside an open-sided shed and changed their boundary. The result is a yard that is emerald green with no bare spots or worn paths. You can drive by and see a pretty white dog and a cute brown dog lying in the sun or the shade....very pastoral and peaceful. The garden is now contained in raised beds with wood chips between the beds, the front of the property is now fenced neatly, with handy gates. The apple trees are being pruned into shape. It is slowly but surely starting to look less like an old, neglected farm and more like someone cares. We moved here last year in May. I used to drive by this house and think it would look really cute if someone did something with it. Funny how life works out! :mow

Latest posts