Facebook Messenger Hacked????

Smiles Jr.

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I don't get on facebook but my wife does every day. This is how her family communicates with silly little posts and she evidently enjoys it.

Yesterday I received a call from our DIL saying that she received a Facebook message that did not seem right and it was from DW's account. Then someone else called DW on the phone to say she had received some kind of notice about government issues with the same DW account. So last night I went into DWs FB account and changed her password. I used a password generator and 12 digits.

Today DW received a text message from her sister with very similar news. This FB message was sent to her sister's FB at 7:31 AM this morning. So changing the password last night must not have kept the perp. out of DW's account.

Since I don't mess with FB and I don't know much about it, do you folks think this is anything to worry about? HELP!

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Dunno. You DO know that ANY photos you post become the property of FB? I don't spend a lot of time on it. Everybody that I need to talk to either have my cell# or my email address. Everybody else is peripheral. There is a lot of noise on FB. I use it to keep in touch with people that I used to be close to, and to post interesting articles...like this one:
http://www.nationalgeographic.com/magazine/2017/06/dinosaur-nodosaur-fossil-discovery/

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
??? I use it but know less than nothing about how it works.

I do know someone ended a group that I had joined and started a totally new group with a different name, password, everything possible. . . and yet I am still getting all his posts without ever joining the new group. I've been wondering how this was possible and whether I should let him know what's been happening. He keeps writing about us telling old members about this new group so they can join if they want.