facial masques

dbjay417

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
has anyone tried this?

I made on earlier, with a bit of honey, a splash of milk, a medium sized cucumber, and two very small, very ripe bananas.

Oh yeah, i added like two table spoons of oatmeal to improve consistency.

yeah, I'm a guy. no, I'm not gay. At any rate, its not for me, well, I'll test it, but more importantly I'm experimenting with marketable uses for my produce. I'm actually quite pleased with the natural texture of my skin, though my feet could use some work.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Considering your garden's tropical location, you could grow a ton of bittermelon.

Replacing that cucumber with bittermelon would probably make the recipe work better than Botox.

(Have you looking like Joan Rivers in no time ;)!)

Steve

dbjay417

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
i'll look into this bittermelon.

CityChook

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Back in the day, I had trouble with acne and this home-made mask really helped:

Strawberry Mask for Troubled Skin
1/2 c fresh strawberries
1 egg white
2 t honey

Mix ingredients until smooth using a blender (or you could even use a fork). Spread it over your face and neck, sit back and take a 20 minute catnap. Rinse with cool water and pat your skin dry. Refrigerate any leftover mask.

Strawberries are rich in salicylic acid, a powerful anti-acne ingredient. The honey is an antibacterial. And hey, it smells *great*.

And here's one for dull hair:
Avocado Hair Mask
1 avocado
2 Tablespoons of thin honey

Mash up ingredients well and massage into your hair. Leave on for 20-30 minutes and then wash hair as usual.

Avocado is a wonderful source of vitamin E and helps perk up tired, dull and damaged hair and skin. I can't do this mask anymore because I'd have to sell off my youngest daughter to afford avocados in my cold climate.

And finally, dbjay darlin', this one's for you:

Mayo Moisturizing Foot Mask
2 Tablespoons full fat mayonnaise
1 teaspoon baby oil

Mix the ingredients and slather on your dry feet. Include your elbows, knees, gardener's hands, whatever. Sit for 20 minutes and watch Sex in the City (okay, maybe that's just what *I* do). Walk back to the bathroom on a towel - you don't want this greasy stuff on your floor. Rinse with room temperature water and give a good hard scrub with (preferably Ivory) soap and a washcloth. Compare your feet to your wife/girlfriend and make her jealous that she just laid down $40 for a pedicure.

Cheers! :D

Latest posts