Fairy Gardens - Photos too please!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
So this is a hot topic on Pinterest, but on a recent trip to the nursery my daughter and I were dazzled by how many little fairy gardens they had set up. Some were just hidden spots with items the offered to make your own, while others were full blown design pots ready to go home with you. (Prices ranges from $100-$500 each!)

:watering

The daughter really wanted one, we'd been talking about it forever. So sunday we got everything we needed (mainly plants from our own garden) and some fun little extras and created our own fairy garden for them to come tend themselves.

5842_fairy_garden2.jpg

I know so many of you have fairy gardens, are creating one... or tending to MANY. Whether in a pot, in your daily garden, or hidden in a special place out around a secret woodland area. I would like everyone to share their fairy gardens, their plans and of course.... PICTURES! :D

:rose :rose :rose :rose :rose :rose :rose :rose :rose :rose :rose :rose :rose :rose

This is going to be one magically thread!

:tools :weight :tools :weight :tools :weight :tools :weight :tools :weight :tools :weight :tools

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
following this thread! :clap Can't wait to see what folks have done. If you post, and you think about it, could you please tell us what plants are in your fairy garden?

eta: Vfem that is a VERY cute little garden!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think it was Pinetree Seeds in Maine that has or used to have a series or two of little porcelain fairies.

Wow, talk about value added. Any person could make these with imagination, an entire little universe of the fairy world in a pot or in several pots to go together. Only limit is the imagination!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I have some hen and chicks in there as you see. I may stick some creeping jenny in there, but I'm really impressed with the moss and I don't wanna cover it up. I'm off searching for tiny garden tools and signs to add.

She checks this pot everyday to see 'evidence' that fairies have been there... so I want to start moving things, and adding tiny detail to give her a 'shock' each time she looks so she knows they've been there.

We're big into fairies here, and are always looking for signs they've visited. You should see her flip out when a fairy ring pops up somewhere in the yard. She goes NUTS!

I can't wait to see what you all have done. I may end up being motivated to do more of these around the yard. Those pictures of fairy doors has me wanting some to put at the base of trees around the entrance to the woodland lot behind our pond. :)

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I am sooooooo wanting to make a fairy garden for my step mom #2 (current one) She loves fairies and would get such a kick out of it.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It doesn't have to be huge, Kass!

This one is in a small pot we bought at the Family Dollar store. It was like $3, the glass beads were $1 for a bag. That mushroom was $0.50. Its so easy!

I just found my daughter's farm set in her room. It came with a bunch of fencing for all the horses she stores in the barn. There are like 100 pieces of fence. :) I'm going to stick some in the fairy garden. I also found a tiny rake. This is such a fun little project. :D

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh great! :/ I was thinking this was one craze I could easily do without, but now you got me thinking what a kick it would be for my youngest grand daughters, to have a fairy garden here at grandma's house. I could help them make one for their house, too. .....Maybe could enlist my son to be the "fairy" once in a while, and add or move something. The kids just love the movie Tinkerbell, particularly the little fairy house.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I know its yet another project feeling, lucky! I too was thinking I didn't need another project with so many planting to do. It was really a short project though, and the face on my child. Its all she's talked about since the weekend. She checks in on it morning, noon and night.

There will be no doubt we'll do another one. How exciting!

Latest posts