Fall bulbs

pjn

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Where do you buy most of your tulip and daffodil bulbs from? Want to put out about 300 to 400 bulbs. thanks everyone is always so full of great information.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Brent and Becky's has a great selection, and they also have large mixes and collections. If I was going to plant that many I'd be thinking about some of their mixes of Daffodils, one called spectrum mix, and another breeders mix. They have large mixed collections of tulips, and other mixes of different bulb species in the same offers.

There is also Michigan bulb. They have not as large a selection but are another good company.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Becks has a good sale in the fall. I don't know what your zone is, but, for me the emperor tulips come back for a few years while the fancier bulbs are practically an annual.I am in zone 6. I have had a few parrots live for 15 years but they are very expensive.
pjn said:
Where do you buy most of your tulip and daffodil bulbs from? Want to put out about 300 to 400 bulbs. thanks everyone is always so full of great information.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Big box store do carry good bulbs for a good value. The Dutch importers definitely have better bulbs.
ninnymary said:
If you are not picky and have a Costco near you, you can buy that many for not very much money.

Mary

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Try hollandbulbfarms.com

They have BEAUTIFUL flowers with lots of selection, and they run a deal every week! A few weeks ago they had a deal on 100 daffodil bulbs for like $40!! That's not quite half price! You can get 500 daffodil bulbs from them for $162 right now. (Of course... those are just the regular yellow daffodils.)

Hope that helps! :)

(And welcome btw... don't know if you'd been welcomed anywhere else... I just came back from an extended "vacation" from the boards)

pjn

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Thanks everyone I will check out all the suggestions. I have moved to zone 6b. The tulips bloom pretty here.

Latest posts