Family Reunion

lcertuche

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Today we are going to the lake to a family reunion (of sorts). I am meeting a couple of cousins who grew up in California. I met my aunt a
couple of days ago. It is so much fun to see her. She looks like a much younger version of Mama (and me). Mama hadn't saw her since she was 2 years old. My grandparents adopted her out.

It is storming this morning but is suppose to clear up later and be cooler.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
How wonderful to be able to make those connections. Have a great time, take lots of pictures.

Mom and I attended a family reunion in the valley where she was born and grew up. That was a special time for her and I just to spend an extended time together. The reunion triggered a lot of memories of her childhood that she related to me.
I think family reunions are priceless.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
That is going to be so much fun. I think everyone should have family reunions once a year. I know we have so many members that we don't get to see often because of distance. But I really feel that we should make more of an effort.

Mary

lcertuche

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We had so much fun. I loved meeting the cousins and we will be keeping in touch via Facebook. There was a big storm in the morning so the afternoon was cloudy and much cooler than it has been. No AC needed. Good food, swimming, a playground across from the pavilion for the young'uns. All in all a perfect day!

I took jars of my strawberry preserves and grape jam for everyone to take home with them. It was a big hit. My aunt gave every girl and woman a pair of angel earrings she had made. She also gave me a really cool hat that she decorated. I had commented a couple of weeks ago on her facebook how much I loved her hat.

lcertuche

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The last time all my siblings were together was for Daddy's funeral about twelve years ago so it was nice. We didn't even argue.

Latest posts