Feel the Burn

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
That was a good read. Interesting how they isolated the sensory receptors that feel the heat. I guess I'm on the wimpy side. I do like hot peppers, but don't really want the sensation to last for hours.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
The discussion of personality types and psychological testing:

I was just looking at Reimer's Seed listing for hot peppers. I haven't bought anything from Reimer's but they have been around quite a long while and have lots of most everything -- including hot peppers. The silly names! I'd be disinclined to mention some of them let alone eat one.

Okay, getting the hiccups from chewing up an entire pepper is the furthermost I would go for something in my garden. If it's gonna cause me trouble from swallowing it - fuggedaboutit! And, I won't be just chewing up a whole pepper with that level of heat. I'd like for it to add "something" to my food and adding hiccups to the dinner conversation doesn't strike me as particularly adult behavior. Yeah, I'm quite a ways down that Scoville Scale https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scoville_scale#Capsicum_peppers

I really should try that Fresno pepper since it's right there with my Jalapeno. Super Chili is rated at 45,000 and Thai Hot is supposed to be a little hotter. I'm always careful to not actually eat those! I'm happy to have them IN my prepared dish but carefully move them to the side of the plate before eating anything. So! Eat the 5,000 Scoville. Allow the 45,000 Scoville to visit the plate ;) - that's about where I am.

Steve

Latest posts