Finally...Some Snow! :)

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's all lovely and white today. We received 6" last night. Most of us are pleased with this. :)

DSCN3389.JPG

DSCN3392.JPG

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, I am!

And, I've been out 3 times to shovel, first in my bathrobe! I don't know what DD thought of it with her 17 mile freeway commute or what she thought of 5:15am text from dear olde dad telling her that there was freezing rain starting, 4" of new snow, and yesterday's ice under it all!

Now, if the snow will just stay around (not on the freeway). Despite the sprinkle of rain, I think most of it might. Could be additional inches through next week!

Steve

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
it's supposed to snow up at our cabin the weekend of Christmas! Yay :celebrateI love to be in our warm cosy cabin drinking mexican hot chocolate and seeing the snow come down.

Mary

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
We finally got snow too!!!! :weee It's very pretty but not sticking one bit...but I'll take it. Any precipitation is fine with me right now.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
The neighbor kids came over to see me today while I was out (Larka and Wren had their checkups).
Later I looked out the front window and saw a giant snowball on the front lawn, I thought it was not a typical thing for dh to do on his way to splitting wood, but then again, fresh snow can be a little heady for some of us, you know? :confused:

He denied it, Kid#2 denied it. That's when I figured it out. I'm so sorry I missed them, we could have built a snow fort and had a good snowball fight.

Maybe they'll want to play with me tomorrow. :p

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
A touch of snow here as well. Still not sticking to the highway, but side roads and driveway are cat-tracking snow. I have to get Maverick to a wrestling meet tomorrow morning by 6:15. I am hoping the snow stops earlier rather than later and I won't have to drive like an old lady on the cold, dark morning roads.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
@ninnymary Mexican hot chocolate? How is it different from regular hot chocolate? I don't buy the instant packets :sick I make mine with cocoa, sugar, vanilla and milk.
I used to find a brand called Ybarra in the mexican food section of the store. I haven't seen it in a while so now I buy Abuelita. Abuelita sells for $3 plus but amazon has it for around $10-15 dollars. I don't know why it's so expensive there. Would you like me to send you some? It tastes different than regular hot chocolate. Some mexican restaurants have it over here also. I think I have your address somewhere around here.

Mary

Latest posts