First green beans

4grandbabies

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We have had new potatoes and batter fried zuxhini so far, but here is out first picking of green beans..along with a zuchini that I just picked.
6364_hpim2013ajpg_green_beans_and_zuchinni.jpg

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yum!!! I just noticed the first beginnings of flowers on my bush beans... soon!!! Enjoy!

scotexpat

Leafing Out
Reaction score
OOOH! you are so lucky,I can't wait for my Beans to start producing,which may be a while yet. Enjoy your Harvest:)

4grandbabies

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
scotexpat said:
OOOH! you are so lucky,I can't wait for my Beans to start producing,which may be a while yet. Enjoy your Harvest:)
It was so rainy and hard to get things going this spring, so I used one of my raised beds from last year,because it had good drainage, and was the only ground ready to use, then planted and covered with a floating row cover... we did have some very chilly mornings after they came up. They are crowded, but happy.. dark green plants with lots of little beans and blooms. only hard to pick , all crowded up like that. next year, I hope we can plant beans in a regular row, altho, right now I am NOT complaining. :)

skeeter9

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I'm right behind you, Grandbabies. Looks like I will be harvesting our first beans in a day or 2. Hope ours are as tasty as yours. I think I planted Blue Lake and Tendergreen, but I'd have to go check the packages.

Latest posts