First harvest.

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
image.jpg

Looks like we will be having sautéed radishes with our supper tonight.
I like planting radishes they are fast growing and are usually the first thing we harvest here.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I like to grow radishes too. But I never sautéed them. I'll have to try that on the next batch of radishes I grow-which will be fall.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Some beauties there! We like to put them in mixed roasted veggies with butter and some seasoning, usually Creole. I think they're even better cooked, although I always enjoy them just sliced with salt. I bet they would make a good stir-fry veggie.

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
Some beauties there! We like to put them in mixed roasted veggies with butter and some seasoning, usually Creole. I think they're even better cooked, although I always enjoy them just sliced with salt. I bet they would make a good stir-fry veggie.

Mixed veggies good idea gonna try it. Also trying them in stir fry like Steve cooks them. I think my favorite is rinsing them off with the hose and eating them right on the spot and tossing the tops to chickens. I do like them sautéed though.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
There was a time when I thought that I wouldn't be able to eat raw radishes - heartburn. Then, I learned that it was just a matter of choosing them when they were young and tender.

I grew them; I could do that!

Cooking: You might want to take the stems off but the leaves are edible. The hairs disappear with cooking. There are also some varieties out there without the hairy leaves. That would probably be best for use in a salad.

Steve

Latest posts