First Passiflora of spring

MotherBrugger

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
8012_passiflora-vitifolia-03-30-2011.png

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Isn't that lovely!! Is that something that you planted or do they grow in Florida naturally?? Very beautiful!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh gorgeous! Congrats! :D I think I like Spring in FL better then our springs here.

MotherBrugger

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
No, not a Florida native. It grows a delicious banana shaped fruit if I can ever get her pollinator to bloom at the same time. Forgot to mention, this is 'vitifolia'
Thanks for all of the nice comments. and ooooh, NC has some lovely flowers and natives that are beautiful! It is fickle to root from cuttings, but I've got two that are beginning to 'stem thicken' up....I'll have to offer them up for trade in future to some fellow gardeners here ;)

Featherbaby

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
MotherBrugger said:
No, not a Florida native. It grows a delicious banana shaped fruit if I can ever get her pollinator to bloom at the same time. Forgot to mention, this is 'vitifolia'
Thanks for all of the nice comments. and ooooh, NC has some lovely flowers and natives that are beautiful! It is fickle to root from cuttings, but I've got two that are beginning to 'stem thicken' up....I'll have to offer them up for trade in future to some fellow gardeners here ;)
Passifloras are one of my passions in gardening. I try to collect and grow as many kinds as I have railings on my deck to support them. Where do you get different kinds? How do you root them from cuttings? Does it have to be a woody stem? I have only grown them from seed and purchased plants in the past.

Here's one of my favorites:
8093_225255_189689614410212_100001075243986_480013_846901_n.jpg

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Featherbaby- I love that passion flower!! That is one of my favorite plants! Here in zone 4, I have to bring it inside for winter- and it continues to bloom in my office! If I lived in the south, my whole yard would be full of them! Enjoy!

Featherbaby

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Wow....thanks! I have it as my screen saver on my computer because it makes me feel like spring when I look at it. I appreciate the compliment.